Eurovignette needed from Holland for >12 tonne?

Elvis

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A Class DP
Model
1999 Monaco Windsor '38
RV Experience
Since birth
So I'm off to Berlin for Christmas and then Munich for New Years (sailing to/from Hook of Holland).

I've had it confirmed I don't need to pay the Belgium (if I end up there, unlikely) or German HGV tolls, but struggling to find out if I do for the Netherlands.

The information is "ambiguous" I'm over 12 tonnes but not a " Heavy goods vehicle", anyone got a definative source on wether I need one or not?

tacr2man

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Overlander 6x6
Model
Bucher Duro
RV Experience
Netherlands AFAIK operates the Eurovignette system so HGV over 12 tonne which seems to be cut off point in most countries. I cant find anything on any sites that mentions tolls below that . The toll in Netherlands doesnt apply to coaches . So going by that as legislators never envisage a RV
of size we drive I would be pretty sure you would be OK .You are not a HGV , have a look on your V5 under vehicle category it should have M1 .
Category M1: Vehicles designed and constructed for the carriage of passengers and comprising no more than eight seats in addition to the driver's seat.
as long as it hasnt got N3 you are a car :)
Category N3: Vehicles designed and constructed for the carriage of goods and having a maximum mass exceeding 12 tonnes.
Mine is 11.9 tonne so just under anyway , but some countries use 3.5t but then its any vehicle not any HGV
HTSH

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Monaco Knight
RV Experience
You don't need a vignette for Netherlands. But if you are going into towns in Germany you will need emissions disc, which normally a class 4 green disc for a Petrol /diesel cost about 9 euro's www.tolltickets.com also France and few more Countries are bringing them in.

Elvis

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A Class DP
Model
1999 Monaco Windsor '38
RV Experience
Since birth
You don't need a vignette for Netherlands. But if you are going into towns in Germany you will need emissions disc, which normally a class 4 green disc for a Petrol /diesel cost about 9 euro's www.tolltickets.com also France and few more Countries are bringing them in.

Yer I'm going to avoid the town centres.

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Beaver Monterey 33'
RV Experience
since 2013
WOT ABOUT LPG???
Eeeewwwww nasty, horrible, smelly unreliable stuff good for cooking and heating and that's about it ;);)

When will people learn....... Petrol and Diesel is for engine's............LPG is for heating and cooking as is Electrickery :banghead::banghead:

I had to do a recovery for a BMW I3s (electrickerry car) on Sunday night, the witchcraft spell was broken :giggle: I really don't get the car at all, it's a small car costs around £35,000 and the bloke said it does ABOUT 70 miles on a charge and he was really pleased with that :eek::eek: for £35k I'd want to be able to drive it further than that between having to charge the thing!!!!!........Like I said Petrol and Diesel is for engines ;);)

car1966

Life Member
Member No
RV Type
5th wheel
Model
Eurocruiser 855 pull by a 3lite toyota pick up
RV Experience
jan 2011 new
Eeeewwwww nasty, horrible, smelly unreliable stuff good for cooking and heating and that's about it ;);)

When will people learn....... Petrol and Diesel is for engine's............LPG is for heating and cooking as is Electrickery :banghead::banghead:

I had to do a recovery for a BMW I3s (electrickerry car) on Sunday night, the witchcraft spell was broken :giggle: I really don't get the car at all, it's a small car costs around £35,000 and the bloke said it does ABOUT 70 miles on a charge and he was really pleased with that :eek::eek: for £35k I'd want to be able to drive it further than that between having to charge the thing!!!!!........Like I said Petrol and Diesel is for engines ;);)

Just shows how the mind of a bmw driver works or does it:mm::mm::think::think:

Member No
RV Type
A class Diesel pusher
Model
15 TON SAFARI CHEETAH 38 PDQ QUOD SLIDE 39 feet 3 inches long.
RV Experience
15 year's

70 miles that all :mad:
Ours do 280-320

Back