Electric European motorhome

car1966

Subscriber
First we will get driverless rv's. There already working on driverless tractor trailers. In the future people will sit and read a newspaper while the RV takes you to the location you put in the computer.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Where is the fun In sitting reading when you you could be driving and stopping whenever you see something nice , i love aiming my fiver down the road and watch people pointing with there mouth's open and I am smiling form ear to ear :hi::hi:

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
I drove a brand new, fully electric Mercedes van last Friday. To say it was awful is an understatement!
To be honest I've been driving electric jags for years now and repairing them.

Thay are absolutely amazing cars to drive i love them.

BUT when I have to repair them my god so much paper work, and pis###g around with barriers, removing the key 3 metres away from the vehicle then its got to be in a locked safe and I only have the key to the safe, barriers around the vehicle with 3 signs on both sides and the rear saying live vehicle, then you disconnect the 12 volt battery, Then the main isolator/big high voltage battery 400-600 volts and b4 doing this you have to have all the safety equipment volt metre, class a gloves which is up to 1000 volts face protector.

Then you test the tester making sure the multimeter is working i generally just test it on the 12 volt battery.

Then you can disconnect the high voltage battery then wait 30 minute's this is so there discharging from the dc-dc converter, then test all power connections making sure the voltage is zero.

Now the vehicle is safe you remove the live vehicle signs to safe vehicle signs this is to let every one the vehicle is safe to work on but no body else is allowed to work or touch the vehicle other than me and me only.

Now all this is done that takes apx 1 hour.

Then its make a cup of tea or 2.

now finally I can work on the electric vehicle.

God i hate working on them.

Last edited:

RV Neal

Subscriber
To be honest I've been driving electric jags for years now and repairing them.

Thay are absolutely amazing cars to drive i love them.

BUT when I have to repair the my god so much paper work, and pis###g around with barriers, removing the key 3 metres away from the vehicle then its got to be in a locked safe and I only have the key to the safe, barriers around the vehicle with 3 signs on both sides and the rear saying live vehicle, then you disconnect the 12 volt battery then the main isolator/big high voltage battery 400-600 volts and b4 doing this you have to have all the safety equipment volt metre, class a gloves which is up to 1000 volts face protector.

Then you can disconnect the high voltage battery then wait 30 minute's this is so there discharging from the dc-dc converter, then you test the tester making sure the multimeter is working i generally just test it on the 12 volt battery, then test all power connections making sure the voltage is zero.

Now the vehicle is safe you remove the live vehicle signs to safe vehicle signs this is to let every one the vehicle is safe to work on but no body else is allowed to work or touch the vehicle other than me and me only.

Now all this is done that takes apx 1 hour.

Then its make a cup of tea or 2.

now finally I can work on the electric vehicle.

God i hate working on them.
Do you think they had all this palava to go through when they worked on the old electric milk floats?