DVLA!!!!!

FilmHOD1

Subscriber
New on here so Hi to all, from what I can remember regarding MOT running out over the water. You are required to book your MOT before you start your travel back to the UK and ensure you have proof of the booking even in email form, should you be stopped on route. As for the legalities of where this MOT is to be carried out in the UK, it must be within a 50mile radius of the port of entry. If you chose to overstep this radius then be very mindful that because this is a legal requirement you will find that you have also invalidated your insurance at that point. The only other way to get to your regular MOT station is to have your RV recovered but this must be done from the port not the tip of the radius to save on recovery costs. This of course is under normal circumstances and is worth keeping an eye on at the moment as everything is very fluid with regard to transport regs etc.. Hope this helps..

motor roamin

Subscriber
New on here so Hi to all, from what I can remember regarding MOT running out over the water. You are required to book your MOT before you start your travel back to the UK and ensure you have proof of the booking even in email form, should you be stopped on route. As for the legalities of where this MOT is to be carried out in the UK, it must be within a 50mile radius of the port of entry. If you chose to overstep this radius then be very mindful that because this is a legal requirement you will find that you have also invalidated your insurance at that point. The only other way to get to your regular MOT station is to have your RV recovered but this must be done from the port not the tip of the radius to save on recovery costs. This of course is under normal circumstances and is worth keeping an eye on at the moment as everything is very fluid with regard to transport regs etc.. Hope this helps..
You are correct under normal circumstances but as MOT's have been extended for six months you can travel up to that deadline

Landy Lover

Subscriber
I sent my licence back 20th Nov 19 registered / signed for chased it in December and was told all fine its all here D4 etc all waiting to be scanned you are OK under section 88 phoned again in early February to be advised yes all in place waiting for a Doctor to approve it thought I would phone again after 6 weeks but then Covid 19 occurred - just what speed do these comedians work at. Section 88 is fine to be able to drive but you try and hire a car / van / lorry etc no in date licence no vehicle section 88 no good. sometimes you need to give photo proof of who you are licence perfect sorry sir that's out of date. Now I have to carry my passport for such things - still no van though

Gareth62

Subscriber
Had a letter from DVLA they need me to see a consultant but due to corona it will be min of 12 weeks that will be around July August time so I bet I’m looking at sept Oct before getting licence back.

That will be a whole year.... they have had my licence

onan

Subscriber
From the DVLA website. All of you waiting for your licence you will be pleased to learn:

Due to the reduced number of staff on-site, applications sent to us by post will be significantly delayed and we encourage you to use online services wherever possible. The staff who are on-site are focused on work relating directly to the COVID-19 pandemic. In particular, they are prioritising applications relating to HGV drivers and critical workers to make sure they get any documentation they need as quickly as possible.

Any evidence yet?

Jimbo99

Subscriber
Sent all my renewal documents 10 march emailed to say they had received the documents and will reply with in 3 weeks nothing yet probably a virus but I am optimistic
it will be back before the lock down ends !!!

Gareth62

Subscriber
You are correct under normal circumstances but as MOT's have been extended for six months you can travel up to that deadline

Only if the mot runs out after the 31st of March 2020
if the mot has run out before the 1st of April 2020 the mot extension does not apply
Is that correct I have an 17 reg Fiesta thats due it's first MOT on the 25th April, going over to the DVLA web site now to check this out

Gareth62

Subscriber
Found it....

onan

Subscriber
Todays written response from the DVLA:

"The department is considering the issues around the renewal of driving entitlement for HGV drivers and will take into account the developing situation of those who are unable to complete a D4 medical."

Gareth62

Subscriber
Had a letter from DVLA they need me to see a consultant but due to corona it will be min of 12 weeks that will be around July August time so I bet I’m looking at sept Oct before getting licence back.

That will be a whole year.... they have had my licence
Well it’s now 14 months since I passed my test with Rick and my licence was sent away.

I had a letter from DVLA two weeks ago saying I had to book an exercise ECG. But the phone number and address of the hospital was wrong, Doctors name was correct and found it to be the private hospital next door.

Today I had to go for it, got to 7 and a half minutes on the treadmill and started to struggle the doctor said I could remove the face mask, this was like getting a full octane 4star full leaded with nitrous oxide boost. I got my second wind it felt like I was on steroids.

Blood pressure machine wouldn’t work so they put a second one on my other arm so I was walking fast uphill with two blood pressure things on my arms pumping away

After 10 minutes the nurse then counted me down to the finish 40-30-20-10 “Okay that’s it I’ll slow it down” she said

BUT she pressed the wrong button and the bloody thing just went crazy had to go in to sprint mode I felt like the bionic man, eventually the dam machine came to a stop

Again another blood pressure test

Blood pressure was though the roof but within a few minutes came back down

And the doc told me I had passed.

Hopefully now DVLA will get their finger out and send me my licence back.

Last edited:

Gareth62

Subscriber
It will soon be 4 weeks since I had my exercise ECG and still no word from DVLA so I called them

They said they have had the form back form the hospital but can't send me the licence till the hospital send the ECG to them.

Rang the Hospital they say all the DVLA need is the form showing I had passed with the Doctors signature and they only send the ECG results had I failed.

Who is right here?

It's now 16 months since I sent my licence off getting really pissed off now I don't even think a Section 88 covers me now as it's well over a year....

Last edited:

Gareth62

Subscriber
Still being pissed on by the DVLA
I’ve applied fir my twins 1st driving licences and paid on line
Have now had a form back (As expected) saying I have to send proof of identity
Had forms and photos signed
Got birth certificates
But can’t find the lads national health numbers
Have tried calling for near on 2 weeks now and just keep getting a auto message saying they are to busy to pick up the phone

Will a hospital number do as ID?

They won’t accept their passports as both are child passports and one is out of date and other not signed as a child’s