DVLA!!!!!

onan

Subscriber
The Government have said “stay at home, do not visit a doctor unless it’s for an essential medical reason”, food is not in short supply, it will all be delivered to the supermarkets.

Supplies are still being delivered by lorries, driven by HGV drivers.

The DVLA have just told me they are not extending any HGV licences requiring a D4, which are due to expire.

Rant over As I have four alloys to polish whilst self isolating from my forced return from Namibia.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Surely a medical for your driving licence is an essential reason for visiting the doctor?
Although ours sent me a message the other day to say appointments are only bookable by phone, which is just about impossible to do under normal circumstances (all appointments are gone within 5 minutes of the phone lines opening & you're normally on hold in the queue for 15-20 minutes).
My missus went for physio last week at the NHS centre, she had to use the touchscreen to tell them she was there, she asked "where's the hand sanitizer?" she was told that they don't have any, they never have.....

Rudski01

My initial C2 medical is supposed to be tomorrow, cancelled as non essential appointment, as my training and test were booked for May that’s also now cancelled, how the knock on effect of all these cancellations will pan out for people is a mystery, it will be a stampede to get in first I suspect.

paul&debra

Subscriber
I have emailed the Government, Ashley has passed his C licence test. But has yet to do his CPC, most of the providers near us have cancelled courses. Lots of us also have C licences, but have never done a CPC because we only drive our RV's. Plus there are retired Drivers, who no longer have current CPC cards. If as is suspected we run short of Lorry drivers, why not suspend CPC requirements. So people like us, Ashley and retired drivers can work to keep Oxygen supplies for hospitals and food for Supermarkets going.

car1966

Subscriber
I agree with that as iam shure just because you not tick all the boxes you cannot do it , i have driven all sorts of plant and i had to take a test to drive my own hiab crain lorry but because the tester did not have one because it was out can we yours, so after i show him how everything work he then tested me , and 4 more who had come to do the test, and still gave me the bill for it , i am still scrutinised it , so i put it back in the bin.
Sorry fileing cabinet, o and i never did learn to spell.:nerd:

scouser

Subscriber
E-Mailed to me this morning or anybody in the same position I am in

Thank you for your email enquiry dated 16 March 2020, concerning an MOT.

If a UK registered vehicle is outside of the UK and its MOT expires, then the only journey that the vehicle can make on entering the UK, is directly to a pre-booked MOT test.

You would need to contact your insurance company to see whether they would require any action to be taken, and the Authorities of the countries that you are travelling through to see what requirements they may have.

The UK does not recognise test certificates from other countries on UK registered vehicles.

There have been no contingency plans issued by the government at this point.

I hope this information has assisted you with your enquiry, but if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards
Scouser

elitegsp

Subscriber
E-Mailed to me this morning or anybody in the same position I am in

Thank you for your email enquiry dated 16 March 2020, concerning an MOT.

If a UK registered vehicle is outside of the UK and its MOT expires, then the only journey that the vehicle can make on entering the UK, is directly to a pre-booked MOT test.

You would need to contact your insurance company to see whether they would require any action to be taken, and the Authorities of the countries that you are travelling through to see what requirements they may have.

The UK does not recognise test certificates from other countries on UK registered vehicles.

There have been no contingency plans issued by the government at this point.

I hope this information has assisted you with your enquiry, but if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards
Scouser
Don't worry read this

the fixer

The Government have said “stay at home, do not visit a doctor unless it’s for an essential medical reason”, food is not in short supply, it will all be delivered to the supermarkets.

Supplies are still being delivered by lorries, driven by HGV drivers.

The DVLA have just told me they are not extending any HGV licences requiring a D4, which are due to expire.

Rant over As I have four alloys to polish whilst self isolating from my forced return from Namibia.
Has any of you guys any idea of how to renew the Hgv licence, mine runs out in April, unable to get any information from DVA they are not taking calls, no info on their website re Hgv renewals, not accepting paper application renewals, struggling to get a medical with my Doctor, would like to stay legal if possible but close to saying feck it, common sense is gone anyhow, if I get through the virus crisis I am taking the RV out licence or not is how I feel, must be others having the same experience?

scouser

Subscriber
I had an email from the don’t care DVLA if your licence runs out then you cannot drive i said I was stuck in Portugal they said you cannot drive it so how do l get home renew your licence but I cannot get home to renew it they don’t give a shit
scouser

car1966

Subscriber
You will have to get them to send the forms to you, and then get a medical and eyesight test then send everything back, but dont forget to copy everything including you licence, before you send it back,

motor roamin

Subscriber
Has any of you guys any idea of how to renew the Hgv licence, mine runs out in April, unable to get any information from DVA they are not taking calls, no info on their website re Hgv renewals, not accepting paper application renewals, struggling to get a medical with my Doctor, would like to stay legal if possible but close to saying feck it, common sense is gone anyhow, if I get through the virus crisis I am taking the RV out licence or not is how I feel, must be others having the same experience?
The DVLA are as usual doing very little to help anyone, whilst this is not official my advice is if you can get a medical done (not easy at present) send your renewal off recorded and as car1966 said copy everything, I don't think they are working at all at the moment but at least that way you have done all you can do, as far as we can ascertain there is nothing official stated at present unlike MOT's.