DORSET STEAM FAIR

S

SUFFOLKBOY

Am thinking about going to the Dorset Steam Fair this Year and have been looking at the website and there are a lot of different vehicles that are not allowed on the Campsites including articulated caravans ! But RV`s seem to be Ok i just wondered if anybody has experience of camping at this shindig ?

Cheers
SB:thumbup:

Member No
RV Type
5th Wheel
Model
Evergreen 26RL
RV Experience
Yes plenty, don't even think about it as they charge an absolute fortune for a patch of grass and a water tap. The site is plagued with the wrong type of pikers which is why they set the restrictions, and you might need new wheels when you get back to your hopefully still there RV. The show, albeit the best steam fair around, also charges a kings ransom to get in. Your best option is to look at Caravan And camping local holiday rallies. They normally hold a very well organised rally just down the road at Pimperne. Far far safer, and a lot cheaper for the same type of pitch. We used to trade at the steam fair, and your toes would curl at some of the c--p that goes on there. If you want detail ,send me a PM.

M

Mallard1

Netley Marsh steam fair

Netley Marsh steam fair at Cadnam near the New Forest is a lovely weekend, been going there for years. Pack a picnic, take a seat and sit by the areana for the day, Ive sat there in the rain and the soaring heat, it is usually a nice sunny weekend.
The show starts on the Friday around the 21st July until sunday, price from Thurs to Sunday ia approx £40 for camping and entrance, come and go as you like.

I think you can arrive as early as the monday before and can stay till the monday after the show.

Same as Stourpaine just smaller and a better class of visitor.

Member No
RV Type
5th Wheel
Model
Evergreen 26RL
RV Experience
Agree with mallard1 about the better class of visitor to Netley, not hard to be better though, as the steam fair does little to discourage the pikeys apart from making them stay off site.

Back