Dash Heating Temp.

This is for petrol pullers only.

How warm is the air from dash when travelling and what on the gauge is your engine temp showing.

On Dot4, temp gauge is as photo. We do get warmth through vents but expect it to be a lot hotter. As we are not normally in the cold months of UK winter, not really noticed it. Till Now.

20191108_122112.jpg

David&Rhona

Subscriber

How warm is the air from dash when travelling and what on the gauge is your engine temp showing.

On Dot4, temp gauge is as photo. We do get warmth through vents but expect it to be a lot hotter. As we are not normally in the cold months of UK winter, not really noticed it. Till Now.

View attachment 25325
Temp does look low on the gauge. It indicates it could need a new thermostat and possibly flush the heater core. If you don't use the heater core periodically to circulate, it gets clogged with sediment.

Temp does look low on the gauge. It indicates it could need a new thermostat and possibly flush the heater core. If you don't use the heater core periodically to circulate, it gets clogged with sediment.
Thanks. Brand new thermostat when rebuilt engine, it's always shown that on gauge.

Think heater core is behind panel on footwell, with aircon unit. Will try a flush when back at Shrewsbury later in year.

David&Rhona

Subscriber
Thanks. Brand new thermostat when rebuilt engine, it's always shown that on gauge.

Think heater core is behind panel on footwell, with aircon unit. Will try a flush when back at Shrewsbury later in year.
I am not sure what you have for a unit, but since you have a new thermostat, it could just have a lower temp thermostat.

Paul Michael

Subscriber

View attachment 25325
Hi, I have a Damon Daybreak.

If i just turn the dash heating to hot, it is not warm enough and seems luke warm.

If i turn the air-con ON and then turn it to hot, it is roasting!

Have you tried that?

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Does it have an isolator valve? I know that some Ford vehicles do, usually vacuum operated, it prevents the hot coolant from circulating through the heater core when using max AC for better cooling in hot places. My diesel engined truck doesn't but it's often added to make the AC more efficient. If your RV has one it could be stuck or restricting the flow.

Does it have an isolator valve? I know that some Ford vehicles do, usually vacuum operated, it prevents the hot coolant from circulating through the heater core when using max AC for better cooling in hot places. My diesel engined truck doesn't but it's often added to make the AC more efficient. If your RV has one it could be stuck or restricting the flow.
Thanks
What could it look like,

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Brian,
When you rebuilt your engine, when filling your engine with coolant you might have several air pockets in the engine.

This will stop the hot air coming tho

Did you bleed the the coolant in your engine ?

If not turn your heating temp to the max with your fans on max to, air con turned off rev your engine to 2000 revs for 10 minutes then open your coolant valves you should have several valves around the cooling system.
Open the first one (valve) at the highest point, then open the others this will remove the air if any.

Hope this helps.

Brian,
When you rebuilt your engine, when filling your engine with coolant you might have several air pockets in the engine.

This will stop the hot air coming tho

Did you bleed the the coolant in your engine ?

If not turn your heating temp to the max with your fans on max to, air con turned off rev your engine to 2000 revs for 10 minutes then open your coolant valves you should have several valves around the cooling system.
Open the first one (valve) at the highest point, then open the others this will remove the air if any.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, she has always ran cold so engine build make no difference.