Cuckoo Fair 24th to 28th May

paul&debra

Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

I have had contact with the organiser and they have agreed, to let us have the area on the left as we go in to the field, with our backs to the Hedge. This should stop the few problems we had last year, with the general campers using our area as a short cut.

You can arrive on Friday any time after 9.30 a.m and leave on the 28th up till around mid day. But all please be aware, the Marshalls (us) as well as lots of other ralliers are booked on the Ferry for the European Mini Tour on the 9.00 a.m. Ferry from Newhaven. So we will be up and gone early. I will ask any other members attending the Rally who are not on the European tour, to check the area is clean and tidy before they depart.

Now because there are members on the European Mini Tour, who have contacted me and kept in touch, I already have the start of a list as below.

List so far :-

Paul&Debra-----------Paul and Deb
Soul buddies----------John and Deb
Yogi Bear--------------Graham & Sue
Stevekaron------------Steve and Karon
Lone Ranger----------Chris and Anne
Arthur-----------------Arthur and Terresa
Larry99----------------Larry and Ange
Elitegsp---------------Kev and Bev
Marthas Vinyard------Kay and Mike
Gulfbluersr------------Steve and Elaine
Jimbo99---------------Jim and Carol
Adi4-------------------Adi and Cassie (prov)
Tonypenny----------Tony and Penny
Crackfixer------------ken, Angie & Thor
Old Age travellers--Dave & Christine

I am talking to Adi4 to see if he can come and give electric for the Weekend, but bearing in mind how far he has to come, the weight of the equipment on his RV and the fact he lost money last year. I am suggesting £30 for the weekend. Same hours as last year 8.00 a.m. until midnight.

As usual, Debra and I will be providing a Full English Breakfast on the Saturday or Sunday and we can all petition Yogi Bear, to see if he will do his fantastic pancakes on Sunday or Monday. As usual an informal meeting area will be outside of our RV every day all day and we will also try to arrange Jacobs Table on Saturday and / or Sunday. If you would like to Join us, put a message on here and I will send you a link. The cost is £60 per unit for two people, £10 each for additional people + £30 electric if required. I would appreciate if you could indicate if you want electric, but I cant yet confirm it will be available.

Last edited:

paul&debra

Subscriber
For newer members I forgot to say, this event is a Traditional Country Fair, with old tractors, Buses and classic cars, as well as a circus and lots of stalls. It is held on Heritage field, Laughton, nr Lewes in East Sussex.

Well then. Thank you for being on the list. But Sorry can not make it.

We just get back in Blity at beginning of May and we have a special grand daughter 18 to go to in Bonny Scotland.
Will see her New Car with Her own Private Reg Number...little tinker costs us oldies a fortune.

So Sorry and Hope you all have a great time , as you normally do.

paul&debra

Subscriber
Well then. Thank you for being on the list. But Sorry can not make it.

We just get back in Blity at beginning of May and we have a special grand daughter 18 to go to in Bonny Scotland.
Will see her New Car with Her own Private Reg Number...little tinker costs us oldies a fortune.

So Sorry and Hope you all have a great time , as you normally do.
You can blame that on your Bosom buddies Tony and Penny, who suggested you would be back and may well come. Suit yourself :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:I have removed you. Have a great time at Grandaughters Birthday, they only have them once.

paul&debra

Subscriber
Right everybody, I am going to start a reserve list. As we are close to the maximum and I am awaiting confirmation from a couple of members. We have moved to the other side, but it restricts the number of RV's that will physically fit. I am going to try and go to the site in the next few weeks and have a proper measure up. I will also discuss with the organisers if any extra Rv's can go in the field opposite. Please let me know if you would like to go on the reserve / Extras list.

paul&debra

Subscriber
Hi Lee and Sheryl,

We have changed to the other side because of a few problems of campers walking through our pitches from the main camping area, and some problems with Electric boxes being kicked over. Using the measuring tool on google maps, we think we can only squeeze 15 on that side. I have asked if we can have some additional space, but haven't had an answer yet. So I will have to initially put you on as first reserve. I will get back to you as soon as I know.

paul&debra

Subscriber
Up to date list.

Paul&Debra..........Paul & Debra
Soul buddies----------John and Deb
Yogi Bear--------------Graham & Sue
Stevekaron------------Steve and Karon
Lone Ranger----------Chris and Anne
Arthur-----------------Arthur and Terresa
Larry99----------------Larry and Ange
Elitegsp---------------Kev and Bec
Marthas Vinyard------Kay and Mike