Chinese diesel heater update

snowbird

Subscriber
I have one to go into my fiver. Did you couple the heater to the original RV ducting, as I was thinking of doing this to distribute the hot air around the fiver as opposed to having just one hotspot.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
I have one to go into my fiver. Did you couple the heater to the original RV ducting, as I was thinking of doing this to distribute the hot air around the fiver as opposed to having just one hotspot.
I've thought about doing similar, but that's as far as I got, my primary concern was how large would the fuel tank need to be, sounds like a 20-30 litre tank would suffice. We're you thinking of substituting the furnace or keeping your options open?

monacosteve

Subscriber
They come with a 10 litre tank,
I pay 60p litre for red diesel so not to bad, as for the furnace it’s there if I need it, but the diesel heater is so quiet as it’s in the locker outside, also comes with a remote so you can switch it on or off in bed.

snowbird

Subscriber
I've thought about doing similar, but that's as far as I got, my primary concern was how large would the fuel tank need to be, sounds like a 20-30 litre tank would suffice. We're you thinking of substituting the furnace or keeping your options open?
Hi, I was thinking of breaking into the ducting with a T piece, leaving the existing furnace intact. This way I could use the furnace along with the diesel heater for a quick warm up, then turn off the furnace and the diesel heater would blow through all the furnace outlets doing away with cold spots, ie bathroom, bedroom. Mine came with a 10 litre tank, but am thinking of fitting a slightly larger tank. onto the chassis to save locker space. Mine was £109-99 delivered to the door. I have not got round to fitting it as yet as have been busy with batteries and battery cutoff switches. As am flying out to Istanbul on Wednesday the diesel heater will have to wait till I return.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
They come with a 10 litre tank,
I pay 60p litre for red diesel so not to bad, as for the furnace it’s there if I need it, but the diesel heater is so quiet as it’s in the locker outside, also comes with a remote so you can switch it on or off in bed.
Even at white diesel prices that's cheaper than gas heating.

Hi, I was thinking of breaking into the ducting with a T piece, leaving the existing furnace intact. This way I could use the furnace along with the diesel heater for a quick warm up, then turn off the furnace and the diesel heater would blow through all the furnace outlets doing away with cold spots, ie bathroom, bedroom. Mine came with a 10 litre tank, but am thinking of fitting a slightly larger tank. onto the chassis to save locker space. Mine was £109-99 delivered to the door. I have not got round to fitting it as yet as have been busy with batteries and battery cutoff switches. As am flying out to Istanbul on Wednesday the diesel heater will have to wait till I return.
We're heading off for our Christmas holidays next week, but I will definitely be putting this on the upgrades list. Thanks

monacosteve

Subscriber
I looked at tapping into the original furnace ducting but to difficult on a diplomat,
So came up through the floor next to the furnace and vents through the grill, I find the 1 duct that comes with the heater, warms the whole motorhome from one vent, I went for the 8 kw but it’s to warm on full power.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
I looked at tapping into the original furnace ducting but to difficult on a diplomat,
My furnace & ducting are quite accessible, under the steps to the bedroom & accessed from the pass through locker beneath, the ducting is 4 inch, I'd think that a "Y" piece with a changeover flap would be needed to prevent the heat back flowing through the furnace?
Where does the diesel heater draw the air from? I'm assuming that it works on recirculation rather than drawing in cold air from outside.

vetmanuk

Subscriber
Found this an interesting read & might consider fitting one in our RV as our warm air heating is temperamental & does not always work when you need it to.

I did put one of those cheap halogen heaters to run off the genny as a back up

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Found this an interesting read & might consider fitting one in our RV as our warm air heating is temperamental & does not always work when you need it to.

I did put one of those cheap halogen heaters to run off the genny as a back up
That's because you don't use it enough Paul lol! Ours takes a few goes to light when it's been left idle for too long. Hope you & Cathy have a great Christmas, catch up with you next year.

vetmanuk

Subscriber
update ordered one this morning 8kw and hoping it comes with the 15ltr tank shown in the accessories
as it says in the description can run off main fuel supply ( mine is 7.4 petrol ) not good in a diesel heater lol

vetmanuk

Subscriber
Run along side rob install in side locker .bit of a backup until I can look at the main one after I finished my truck and the pop lol