Chevy van 30 Four winds

Geofff

Hi everyone, Just joined, so "Hello".
Would someone be good enough to tell me what I should do, when I get the message, "Service soon" on my dash. What does this entail?
Thanks in advance, for your input. Regards,... Geoff.
1994 7.4 Ltr Chevrolet

Geofff

Hi, and thanks. Oh, I thought that it meant that I should give it a routine service, (Spark plugs, Oil, etc) I take it that it's telling me, that there is something "Wrong". I will see if I can get it looked at. Weymouth, is a bit far to go, especially as it looks as though it does around 10 MPG! It does have a good quality, "LPG" conversion, but I don't know, if it works, as I have not been able to refuel the gas, until now (No Insurance Tax, or M.O.T) I live in Deal, Kent.
I bought it 15 months ago, and have been renovating it, (Nearly finished) She, is like a "Tank"! I just did not realize, the cost of running this "Beast"! (One born every minute).

RV Neal

Subscriber
Adi at Weymouth is a first-rate choice for any work on RVs. But, as you live in Kent, you could try Mercury RV in Teynham nr Sittingbourne. Not everybody likes him on this forum and so this post will probably be taken down soon. It's just practicality.

Geofff

Hi again, and thank you all, so much for your comments, and advice. 7 MPG? my God!... I suspect that mine, (also a 7.4 Ltr) probaly does around this, as I can actualy see the fuel gauge, go down, when driving. Am having the the "LPG" serviced soon, which means that it will do even less MPG, on "Gas" but being cheaper, will compensate, I hope that then, I will get around the equivalent of 12 MPG, of the Petrol.
Forgive me, but what does "OBD2" stand for? Thanks again, what a helpful site, (And People) this is, so glad I joined. Will contact "Mercury RV".

Last edited:

paul&debra

Subscriber
If you copy the link to your clipboard, then click the little chain above your writing on here and post the link. (y)

Last edited:

scouser

Subscriber
Adi at Weymouth is a first-rate choice for any work on RVs. But, as you live in Kent, you could try Mercury RV in Teynham nr Sittingbourne. Not everybody likes him on this forum and so this post will probably be taken down soon. It's just practicality.
You have got to be kidding
scouser :cool:

scouser

Subscriber
Hi again, and thank you all, so much for your comments, and advice. 7 MPG? my God!... I suspect that mine, (also a 7.4 Ltr) probaly does around this, as I can actualy see the fuel gauge, go down, when driving. Am having the the "LPG" serviced soon, which means that it will do even less MPG, on "Gas" but being cheaper, will compensate, I hope that then, I will get around the equivalent of 12 MPG, of the Petrol.
Forgive me, but what does "OBD2" stand for? Thanks again, what a helpful site, (And People) this is, so glad I joined. Will contact "Mercury RV".
Dont