Can't wait.... but have questions

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
All trailers manufactured or imported after Oct 2014 require an IVA test, this applies to all trailers unless sold as a static. No requirement for inspection but a habitation check is a good idea, there is a register for caravans (CRiS) but that's only really for UK/EU manufacturers although you can voluntarily register others with them it's not compulsory.
There is now a government trailer registration system ready for when we finally leave the EU, but only necessary for trailers over 3500kg being used privately for travel in other European countries & like a vehicle registration document, it is only a record of the keeper, not proof of ownership.
The only proof of ownership is a receipt from the vendor, but that doesn't prove that the vendor was the legal owner before, if you see what I mean.....
Buying from a dealer is probably the safest way if you're overly concerned about this, but in reality I've only ever heard of one 5th wheel being stolen & that was in very unusual circumstances.
Feel free to post up pics or details of the trailer.

MrTonySr

Not wishing to sound urm offensive BUT - If by Your own admission You don't know much then why would You keep looking at private 2nd hand? It's so easy to go way wrong and cost Yourself £1k's of cash that frankly We all want to avoid doing.
CCRV are a place where Jayne & Jay are so friendly and helpful You will feel like You save money the minute You start taking to them. And they have a great stock of Old and Used to help You learn and choose Your's.
So why not call them, visit their Home/Showroom because I know You won't regret it :)
Cross Country RV (CCRV)
Jayne & Jay Desroches
CCRV Ltd
Bevis Lane
Wisbech, PE
SQ13 4TY
info@ccrvltd.co.uk
01945 410 506

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
We bought our current trailer from Jay & Jane, we only went there for a "look at different layouts" I said from the outset that we weren't looking to buy at that time, Jay showed us around all the trailers on display & left us to wander, we found something we really liked, I asked him for his best price with no px etc & we shook hands on a deal, there was absolutely no sales patter or pressure, lovely people.

John5thWheeler

Subscriber
Hi good advice take it, there is a load of crap out there believe me, I,am on my 3rd 5ver and l love them just pull the pin and off you go. But beware smell damp leave it, your getting good advice, my first 5ver I had for 2 years then chopped it in to get a newer and better one, the first one I got from a dealer in Wales, lovely bloke, big fat git, the 5ver was riddled with damp, lucky to get out of it, brought another from someone getting divorced, kept that a few years then done the same and chopped that in for my current one, I have had my current one for 4 years and love lt, thinking of px this one for a newer one, will I get it from a dealer or another unfortunate, think a dealer this time, as the 3 or 4 out there have definitely upped their game. So I recon make your own mind up, and look forward to seeing you at a rally, maybe Retrofest. Good luck

rolley

Thanks yet again.
We did take a drive up to CCRV and dealt with Ashley who was great, showed us around and explained a lot to us, so totally agree that they are great to deal with and i liked their whole setup.
I guess like most people there is a part of me that is always looking for the bargain and the sort of thing we are looking at seem to be 5-6k cheaper buying private.

MrTonySr

Thanks yet again.
We did take a drive up to CCRV and dealt with Ashley who was great, showed us around and explained a lot to us, so totally agree that they are great to deal with and i liked their whole setup.
I guess like most people there is a part of me that is always looking for the bargain and the sort of thing we are looking at seem to be 5-6k cheaper buying private.
Ashley? I would check You went to same place I mentioned above as Jayne & Jay would be the people You would talk to there :) But hey don't forget prices are including delivery anywhere in UK at CC RV (At least at Jayne & Jays)

Good Luck Rolley :)