Camera replacing side mirrors

RRV

Subscriber
Just heard back from orlaco and these systems aren’t legal in the uk at the moment if retro fitted.

Ie there ok on new vehicles but not old buses like RRV :-(

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
I got a cheap wifey who looks out the window :D
As long as she's not like my ex wife, at a junction that with a restricted view, I asked her "can you see anything coming?"
"No" was the reply, so I pulled out.....narrowly missing another vehicle. I said "you said nothing was coming!" She said "No, I said no because I hadn't looked........."

And that one wasn't cheap.......

RRV

Subscriber
Just heard back from kappa Optronics !!! They can supply a complete system :) 2 cameras- 2 screens and an ecu. This then needs fitting and homologated (just looked that up and it means approval (sort of))

the price for the supply only of these 5 items is a staggering !!!!

wait for it !!!

still waiting !!!!!

OMG. 24,500 euros - f**k me !!!!!!! - and that’s not fitted !!!
Don’t think I’ll be changing my mirrors anytime soon at that price

Dodgit

Subscriber
This - and others on Alibaba for 10% of that figure

You can always ask for a 'Sample'

RRV

Subscriber
This - and others on Alibaba for 10% of that figure

You can always ask for a 'Sample'

I know I’ve seen them - overriding issue is that they’re not legal yet in the uk. Unless you keep your existing mirrors - which sort of defeats the object really :)

Graham&Shirley

Subscriber
Just heard back from kappa Optronics !!! They can supply a complete system :) 2 cameras- 2 screens and an ecu. This then needs fitting and homologated (just looked that up and it means approval (sort of))

the price for the supply only of these 5 items is a staggering !!!!

wait for it !!!

still waiting !!!!!

OMG. 24,500 euros - f**k me !!!!!!! - and that’s not fitted !!!
Don’t think I’ll be changing my mirrors anytime soon at that price
I did say a lot of money

motor roamin

Subscriber
Our favourite is me saying OK left and the boss saying yes or no fine in a RHD........you’ve guessed it instead of saying OK right I said ok Left I was but NOT right........luckily as I moved I checked and stopped :think: my fault though, as for cameras replacing mirrors I like them as an addition but as a replacement not so sure a broken mirror may still have some sort of vision a broken camera well it's broke.