calais to alantic coast

A

andy rob

hi all, leaving in a couple of weeks for the atlantic coast (ish)
ive look on here & read quite a bit on 'fun' about the franch aires & just ordered afew of the recomended books & am hoping some of you can recomend a few places to stay with a 38ft RV
I'm only going for 2 weeks & with have to visit disney for my 10yrs old daughter but other than that am open to any good suggestions.
In the past ive been a far as biarritz, nice etc but have had a real mixed bag of Rv life, some real good times & er...... quite a few times when you have hassle getting on the camp sites or sites full
I pressume there will be alot more space on the aires but my little-un like to splash in a pool.
probably going down the coast to honfleur then ??

I can recomend the council site @ mimizan plage near biscarrosse :thumbup: but not going that far south

any sites please :thumbup:

Jim

Member No
RV Type
C Class
RV Experience
since 2002
Hi Andy, have you had a good look at our France map of RV Friendly Sites. There are quite a few there with more going on this week:001_smile:

10 year olds Love Disney, as do 50 year olds :biggrin: Have a great trip:thumbup:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer B644
RV Experience
lost count
Hi

As Jim suggested, all the aires and sites on that map have been used by myself with a 36ft Rv

The same aires are on here with GPS locations.. and pictures. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=115843103054280433491.00045c1ab0c50bf957c9d&t=h&z=4

Honfuer is a huge aire, tons of space to park and manoeuvre, with an easy walk into town, it gets very busy, but there is an overflow carpark at the entrance.
You are going in the peak season, so plan to arrive at an aire mid afternoon.. any later and they are likely to be full, especially with a big rig.

Le Touquet, by the Equestrian centre, a nice aire, set among trees with good cycling or walking into town .. again, no worries re parking or manoeuvring.

On route to the Atlantic..
St Philberts de grand leu , free aire set in parkland with a large SuperU next door, great for restocking and refuelling.

Coulon, by the river, fabulous aire wth tons of room. all grass with plenty of space.

St Dizant De Goa, a bit off the beaten track..
Free aire in parkland.. was empty when we were there last August

Safe travels
Jim

A

andy rob

cheers jim & jim
add this site, its a super douper 'buttlins' type family site that has everything & is just do-able in the biggest of rv's you have to book in advance.Close by are some very strange (huge !!) caves that the french resistance heald out in that we came across whilst out for a walk (not even sign posted or marked -yet you could hide a 40ft rv in them no problem )
http://www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com/uk/accueil.php

another good site is one the south coast of the ancient city of vannes, city its self is real impressive, the site is @ the end of avenue du marechal juin which leads onto allee des freres which is a small harbour with a natural swimming pool & a tiny stella serving jetty pub. sorry cant remember site name- just recognised it whilst looking on you google map :thumbup: (you cant miss it- the swimming pool that is & the site is only a couple of hundred yards north of it)

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer B644
RV Experience
lost count
Thanks Andy .. terrific looking site and prices not too bad for what's on offer :thumbup:

Jim

A

andy rob

well done sherlock :biggrin: thats where the pool is, the camp site only less than 200m north of it

A

andy rob

really nice area jim took my 36ft ultrasport & my pal was in his 36ft trailaire, 3 year ago
'tight but easyily do-able'

A

andy rob

rv now loaded...........france tomorrow...............let the battles begin :mad::lol:

A

andy rob

cheers jim & jim
add this site, its a super douper 'buttlins' type family site that has everything & is just do-able in the biggest of rv's you have to book in advance.Close by are some very strange (huge !!) caves that the french resistance heald out in that we came across whilst out for a walk (not even sign posted or marked -yet you could hide a 40ft rv in them no problem )
http://www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com/uk/accueil.php

QUOTE]

here a couple of pics from that site a couple of months ago, we were really lucky & got a dream pitch next to the lake

Attachments

• francejuly09 108.jpg
    francejuly09 108.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 15
  • francejuly09 095.jpg
    francejuly09 095.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 16
  • francejuly09 101.jpg
    francejuly09 101.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 17
Member No
RV Type
A class pusher
Model
Damon Challenger 348 MTL
RV Experience
Hi have a great time, loads of places to stay on atlantic coast,we do it every year for last 5 years We are leaving ourselves next week for the winter,cant wait. if you keep to the coast roads you will come across many parking places with sea views,we are 37 ft and have had very few problems .Just remember to take your time and enjoy.

S

SUFFOLKBOY

We are off to the Atlantic coast on the 10th heading down to the Arcachon area also can`t wait hope the weather holds out!
Will keep an eye open for you:wink::thumbup:

Back