Brake light change

Mike59

Subscriber
Has anyone got an idea where i can get replacement rear lights for my 06 Gulfstream Independence. One of the brake lights has stopped working, as they are sealed units i was thinking of changing all three lights on both sides with LED. View attachment 30208

Attachments

RV Neal

Subscriber
They look like Peterson units, the same as my RV had. Peterson has a European "arm" and they make LED replacements. They also do LED versions of the fog light and reversing light. You'll need to buy the LED harnesses with the light units and you'll need ballast resistors for the indicators.

I got mine through my (then) employer, South Eastern Auto Electrical Services (SEAES) at Tovil, Maidstone, Kent. Tel 01622 690004. Say driver Neal Farrow recommended you.

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Hi there thousands of leds lights on Google

If you search

Auto leds

its a great website and should have what you require.

I've changed my rear upper side lights to

Side brake and indicators see them on u tube the link below

Also changed my headlights to leds to range rover defender.

Front new headlights at the time of the videoI had fitted them upside down now fitted the correct way not in the video
These new headlights are now just as good as car headlights

Last edited:

Jimbo99

Subscriber
Hi there thousands of leds lights on Google

If you search

Auto leds

its a great website and should have what you require.

I've changed my rear upper side lights to

Side brake and indicators see them on u tube the link below

Also changed my headlights to leds to range rover defender.

Front new headlights at the time of the videoI had fitted them upside down now fitted the correct way not in the video
These new headlights are now just as good as car headlights

Glad to see you followed the range rover instruction manual Jason measure twice cut once ha ha

rig7944

Subscriber
Has anyone got an idea where i can get replacement rear lights for my 06 Gulfstream Independence. One of the brake lights has stopped working, as they are sealed units i was thinking of changing all three lights on both sides with LED. View attachment 30208
Bus Carlylel have depots in most major cities
Westbrom best person is Garry in parts as buses have very similar lights 0121 524 1200
Good luck he will tel you if one nr you

Mike59

Subscriber
Thanks for the advise, they are Peterson. I want to keep the same type of fitting which is push fit into the rubber grommet, not screw on. The only place i have found in the uk that have these is Star Spangled Spanner but these are not LED. I might change just the one which has failed and look at changing all later.

rig7944

Subscriber
Thanks for the advise, they are Peterson. I want to keep the same type of fitting which is push fit into the rubber grommet, not screw on. The only place i have found in the uk that have these is Star Spangled Spanner but these are not LED. I might change just the one which has failed and look at changing all later.
Still worth a phone call they fit lots of different lighting on luxury mini coach’s not all have screws
And if they have will be cheeper

RV Neal

Subscriber
As I said in my previous reply, SEAES can supply Peterson LED units as a direct replacement. like-for-like. I have done this change on my rig and am very happy with the result.