Bounder in for a facelift

adi4

Subscriber
Just out of interest Adi; are they ‘switchable’ between left/right hand drive ?
These are UK Daf lights, however I think that they are a flat beam pattern so no switching to be done, if you think about how many Daf's travel to and from Europe on a daily basis and I have never seen a larry driver messing round with those crap beam bender stickers from Halfords :p :p:rofl::rofl:

What I will do is I will power up a light and take a photo of its beam pattern on the wall.............just for you (y)

tacr2man

Subscriber
These are UK Daf lights, however I think that they are a flat beam pattern so no switching to be done, if you think about how many Daf's travel to and from Europe on a daily basis and I have never seen a larry driver messing round with those crap beam bender stickers from Halfords :p :p:rofl::rofl:

What I will do is I will power up a light and take a photo of its beam pattern on the wall.............just for you (y)
IIRC they do have a kick up , but a couple of bits of blacktape can mask it off to be flat top . The On Time car carriers that went to Europe , had lhd lights and masked them for MOT .

adi4

Subscriber
UPDATE.....................................................they are as I thought a flat beam pattern............

Here are 2 photos for you I grabbed a light connected a battery to it and shon it on my workshop door and the second photo I tilted it down to the floor .....enjoy (y)

In the photos the headlight has an ordinary Halogen bulb, I will be using LED bulbs the same as the ones that I am using in my LF55 and they are much whiter and brighter as well (y)

IMAG0759.jpg

IMAG0760.jpg

Last edited:

Dodgit

Subscriber
Thanks Adi.
MoTs are getting ‘most’ precise now and I was thinking that
I should be prepared for the EU in case they start picking on
us now we are not in their gang.
The Monaco has BMW clusters - I haven’t checked whether
they are flat or have a left hand kick.
Can’t stand elastoplasts. :nerd: