Wanted Bike rack

Popty

Subscriber
Hi, now that we have secured our first rv, the only thing we need to do is fit a bike rack, either towbar mout type or one that l can fit to the rear of the 2003 trail lite rv, any member getting rid????

Popty

Subscriber
Slightly more expensive than most, but a good bike rack is the Thule, we use one for our electric bikes ( 20+Kg each ) good solid bike rack, and folds up quite small for storage (y) (y)
Hi, easy to fit?? drilling through the rear wall, or would a tow bar type be better, then it could be removed and placed inside, making the rv shorter for the ferry to Spain

Dgrbruv

Subscriber
Our daughter has a bike rack that fits on the tow bar of her Euromobil and they have two kids, so I am sure it took four bikes. She want to sell it, so I will ask her for a photo if you are interested. I am sure it would not take much modification to fit your RV tow hitch. Let me know what you think?
Cheers Ian

car1966

Subscriber
Just had a look on eBay item nr 224538783546.
But as Ddgbruv said it would not take much to make it fit if anything, 50mm Euro, 2ins old English or American ball and plenty of adjustment as you tighten the ball up,
Hope this helps

simsy56

Subscriber
Don't be drilling through a rear wall, you will have nothing but trouble.

You have a tow ball, use a tow ball mounted rack. I have a Thule tow ball carrier, and they carry our 2 e-bikes no problem, and, they are lower and easier to load.

I saw a European MoHo with a wall mounted rack, and it must have been head height to the bottom of the rack. How on earth they loaded bikes onto it, I don't know.

Craig

car1966

Subscriber
Don't be drilling through a rear wall, you will have nothing but trouble.

You have a tow ball, use a tow ball mounted rack. I have a Thule tow ball carrier, and they carry our 2 e-bikes no problem, and, they are lower and easier to load.

I saw a European MoHo with a wall mounted rack, and it must have been head height to the bottom of the rack. How on earth they loaded bikes onto it, I don't know.

Craig
Long arms and legs and visit the gym every day:giggle::giggle:

Popty

Subscriber
Our daughter has a bike rack that fits on the tow bar of her Euromobil and they have two kids, so I am sure it took four bikes. She want to sell it, so I will ask her for a photo if you are interested. I am sure it would not take much modification to fit your RV tow hitch. Let me know what you think?
Cheers Ian
Hi, yes interested, can you send me a photo to me at WhatsApp 07729734101, with price and location, lm in Oxfordshire