Big Big Can of Worms

RRV

Subscriber
Well it all started with i will sort the grill out new thermal sensor order. Then i had a thought :shake:
If we get some caravan bord of a lighter colour instead of the dark brown it will make it lighter in hear OK says the boss so order 5 sheets arrive next day . Good say I will make a start started to take the old bord off Sh:mask: say's I its all wet behind here where it leakingView attachment 19187
Tony this looks like mine was - big job but really rewarding when you start to break the back of it

Are you replacing the walls with ply?

Take a look at this - search eBay and type in “plywood substitute “ this is what I used and now if I get water (which I’m sure I won’t ) it won’t cause any problems is it’s a poly plastic so water has no effect :)

Just thought that might help

car1966

Subscriber
Tony this looks like mine was - big job but really rewarding when you start to break the back of it

Are you replacing the walls with ply?

Take a look at this - search eBay and type in “plywood substitute “ this is what I used and now if I get water (which I’m sure I won’t ) it won’t cause any problems is it’s a poly plastic so water has no effect :)

Just thought that might help
Thank you John
I will have a look but i had already bought 5 sheets of ply wall board as i wanted to make it lighter colour and looking at what i found.
It looks like a poor build finish on the rubber roof in one corner as they had cut to much out the rubber instead of folding it around the corner plus the 5er is a 2015 build.
And sooner than take it back for them to repaire at least i will know it is done right.
Thanks again for your input.
Just to add it will be finish hopefully at the end of this week and not in two or three months :)(y)(y)

car1966

Subscriber
Well i have seal the roof and put the original rubber back .
Just a quick run down of what i did got rid of all the wet and damage wood . And put new marine ply on the roof and coated it with some water proof paint which i had left over from sealing our wet room i did test it on a piece of ply first two coats it is a rubber typ finished and sticks well to the wood . Afterwards i use some gorilla glue to stick the rubber roof back on . Just to add Duncan said contact adhesive is what they use.
O i insulated the roof with some of that new insulation suppose to be equivalent to 400mm or 8ins we will see .
Right inside put all the new wall board on after it dry out and new insulation got rid of the pelmets and had some insulated curtains made Chris loves it .
Now instead of changing it for a RV looks like we are sticking with it
I will now try to post some photos 20180904_155154.jpg20180903_155722(0).jpg20180903_155722(0).jpg20180906_101727.jpg20181101_163826.jpg20181101_163743.jpg20181101_163720.jpg20181101_163946.jpg20181101_164029.jpg20181101_163912.jpg

Merv-IOM

Subscriber
Cracking job Tony, much better than the original..................now for the bedroom slide?? I'll bet that'll need doing too!

car1966

Subscriber
Cracking job Tony, much better than the original..................now for the bedroom slide?? I'll bet that'll need doing too!
All ready done Merv it was leaking from underneath the water was running down behind the trim and capillerating up where it had not been seal i took all the trim off and reseal it all with the vertical sealent from Duncan . Just think it was a Friday build☹

Merv-IOM

Subscriber
All ready done Merv it was leaking from underneath the water was running down behind the trim and capillerating up where it had not been seal i took all the trim off and reseal it all with the vertical sealent from Duncan . Just think it was a Friday build☹
Top job Tony, all you need now is some topper awnings ;)......and a few months in the sunshine! We're heading south late this year, 2nd December!!!, when are you off?

car1966

Subscriber
Hi Merv
Try to get a 60ins one for the bed room but can only find a 66ins one can get one for the big slide but not the little one still looking .
If we go it will be after Christmas but Chris may change her mind if i keep doing all these little jobs like tiling the utility which i said i would last year earn some more brownie points then i ask her she still unsure.
Have a safe journey and keep your fingers crossed for me and hopefully will see you there.

car1966

Subscriber
Hi thanks for that i did find that one but when i sent them a email they said they could not do it .but i will try again maybe get someone who knows what they are doing