bad news

adventura

Subscriber
good morning all had some bad news yesterday one of our friends was taken to hospital a few days ago for a stomach problem having had surgery and the problem dealt wtih she was well on the road to recovery yesterday she was test positive for covid 19 and moved to a covid ward she obviously caught covid in hospital because she had two previous negative tessts in hospital really hits home when its someone close to you STAY SAFE out there

motor roamin

Subscriber
Oh bugger, it just proves we are not safe anywhere and need to take the precautions necessary and more if possible to keep it at bay, our offices are more like an operating theatre to get into nowadays, though while one or two have moaned the vast majority have praised the efforts taken, the moaners have been given a choice follow the regime or go home.

Landy Lover

Subscriber
Its amazing when you go to some of our suppliers to collect stuff some will sanitise and wear a mask some will totally ignore all signs and social distancing and get grumpy when challenged. OK some have a genuine reason not to wear one but truth is they are few and far between and not the usual culprits. Since the cancer episode my lungs are I am told 25 % lower capacity than normal but I can wear one !! There is a lot of truth in the statement that ' I wear one to protect you - you wear one to protect me' Simples

chatter

Subscriber
My 90+year old aunt fell a few weeks ago(she was a very active person for her age) so is in hospital, having been told she could go home once some adjustments made to her home she has also now contracted covid and been moved from the ward she was on to a covid ward. Got this news this morning. To say that her close family and all us relatives feel this is a very bad omen with regard to the oldest member of our family ever getting back home

motor roamin

Subscriber
Oh bugger Maggie hope all goes well for her.

I rang about our new truck today five of the staff at the DAF dealers have gone down with Covid so told them I don't want the truck till the end of the month just in case, we are shut down so can't use it yet just made sense to leave it there.

Graham&Shirley

Subscriber
Oh bugger Maggie hope all goes well for her.

I rang about our new truck today five of the staff at the DAF dealers have gone down with Covid so told them I don't want the truck till the end of the month just in case, we are shut down so can't use it yet just made sense to leave it there.
My boss brought 8 new trucks just as this crazy world kicked off... as it happened all OK 52 trucks WORKING 24/7...and having contract work out.... Let's hope it carry on

motor roamin

Subscriber
My boss brought 8 new trucks just as this crazy world kicked off... as it happened all OK 52 trucks WORKING 24/7...and having contract work out.... Let's hope it carry on
Most trucks have kept rolling during the pandemic Graham, and the truth is if we could have got driving tests we would have had our best year ever instead of our worst or possibly as low as our first year trading when nobody new us, we will get over it but the cost is still untold, if we get tests back we have plenty of customers waiting.

chatter

Subscriber
My aunt passed away at 03.45am this morning,
most annoying thing is the fact that if they hadnt kept her in hospital for 2 weeks while they sorted a hospital bed out for her home after they had checked her out, she wouldnt of caught covid but oh no the fact that her daughter and grand-daughters said they would take turns staying with her at home till it was sorted wasnt good enough but it would of been safer for her

jayandjen

Subscriber
most annoying thing is the fact that if they hadnt kept her in hospital for 2 weeks while they sorted a hospital bed out for her home after they had checked her out, she wouldnt of caught covid but oh no the fact that her daughter and grand-daughters said they would take turns staying with her at home till it was sorted wasnt good enough but it would of been safer for her
Sorry to hear this. Its as bad now as it was in the spring unfortunatly.

Landy Lover

Subscriber
sad to hear that Maggie. Nothing more annoying than when doctors won't listen to family and they don't have the heart ache that follows