Baby wipes.

snowbird

Subscriber
Having pitched my Durango travel trailer on my permanent pitch here in Benidorm and just got everything plumbed in, I noticed there was little or no black waste coming out after a week. Thats it, bloody baby wipes. Two days of removing the the slide valve and rodding with all sorts of home made wire hooks later and all is now well. I do not believe some peoples mentality, two carrier bags full of baby wipes, cotton buds and even a plastic water bottle top in the black tank. Did they think it was a waste disposal system. Now I know why they sold it so cheap. Not one of my most pleasant jobs whilst overwintering in Spain. Ah well, back on the road in a few weeks with the fiver. Have the footpaths warmed up any back in the frozen north.

Well they were right it is a "waste disposal":giggle: .......I've heard that some people sell cars when the ash tray was full ...first time for the "bog" being full.........Thinking out of the box this could be a career move for you Dave. :D

Landy Lover

Subscriber
When our 5'er was brand new we knew the risks of such things and they were banned from that sort of disposal we were confused when after about 6 months we had a similar issue. After much fiddling I managed to pull an assortment of rags out of the black tank which I can only assume were used to 'plug' the pipe in during construction to stop bits going into the tank and they ended up in it. Not one of the best jobs !!!

snowbird

Subscriber
What amazes me is that no one I know would put baby wipes and plastic bottle tops down a household loo. So why on earth anyone would put them down a caravan loo I dont know. The biggest headache was working out how to empty the tank so I could take off the slide valve to clean it out as the tank was full to the brim.

gulfbluersr

Subscriber
What amazes me is that no one I know would put baby wipes and plastic bottle tops down a household loo. So why on earth anyone would put them down a caravan loo I dont know. The biggest headache was working out how to empty the tank so I could take off the slide valve to clean it out as the tank was full to the brim.
Hmmmmmm, it seems to me you may have a very interesting story to add to this thread..........

http://www.rvoc.co.uk/forum/threads/time-to-fess-up-and-tell-all.19477/

;);):giggle::giggle::giggle:

snowbird

Subscriber
Its far to embarrassing to go into much detail, but remember I am on a campsite with my pitch being next door to the restaurant and bar area. Its a good job I have a permanent pitch, but even so I was expecting a visit from the big chief. The other thing to remember is cleaning up your own £hit is bad enough, but when its someone else's the stomach becomes far more delicate.

gulfbluersr

Subscriber
Its far to embarrassing to go into much detail, but remember I am on a campsite with my pitch being next door to the restaurant and bar area. Its a good job I have a permanent pitch, but even so I was expecting a visit from the big chief. The other thing to remember is cleaning up your own £hit is bad enough, but when its someone else's the stomach becomes far more delicate.
Sounds like all the more good reason to post up the story with all the gory details, go on you know you will feel better and then be able to have a little laugh about it all to yourself when reading it in the future, and we can have a laugh now ;):giggle::giggle:;)

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Just had to do similar on my 5'er, the seals in the waste valve weren't located properly & were allowing liquid through, because the black & grey tanks share a common dump point every time the grey tank had been emptied the liquid had drained from the black tank creating a back log of solid matter, mostly sorted now, have left the tank full of blue chemical to try to break down what's left after jetting! New seals installed so hopefully all good to go at the weekend, if you'll excuse the pun!

vwalan

Subscriber
hi dave . when i was driving sewage tankers you should have seen just what goes down house loo,s
even in the sewage works about two skips a week from even small works ,full of rags towels (hand and bath).
plastic bags etc, its amazing .
sometimes when emptying septics the customer would deny that they had put things down the loo.
lots get spoilt by the inks in some of the wrappers on things . the ink kills the good bacteria .
but anyway how long are you keeping this one?
bet its sold before next winter ha ha .

snowbird

Subscriber
This one is not for sale Al. but if you know anyone that wants one, there are 11 others that can be bought and delivered to your site of choice ;).

vwalan

Subscriber
no. i shall just carry on with mine .
cant be doing with stopping too long in one place.
had a nice winter traveling down the east coast of spain .
decided to by pass beni .
spent a week in calpe .
then on to alicante .
but what ever suits .
was a bit deep snow coming up the sierra nevada ,and also going down the peco,s .
alot of damage to roads etc ,winter took its toll .

snowbird

Subscriber
The worst winter I ever remember here this year in 15 years of overwintering. We had just about everything except snow and frost. I leave in a couple of weeks, heading home for a couple of weeks, then Norway for the summer.

vwalan

Subscriber
we had ok weather before new year . a couple of storms when near nules .
managed to just keep out of the bad weather we had about 20 days of rain in 6 months .
could have been warmer but was ok.
we just managed to be in the right place at the right time . further round took a hammering but we were ok.
mind maroc would have been warmer for sure.
had a cheap one only spent 1600quid ferry food diesel all in .
mind no bars or eating out . no campsites .

scouser

Subscriber
When I was a plumber you would be surprised what people put down loos the worst were students in bed sits with a macerater fitted all kinds of lady things and wipes leave it to your imagination not a pretty job when you have to strip it but nobody ever puts anything down there :wasntme:

snowbird

Subscriber
When I was a plumber you would be surprised what people put down loos the worst were students in bed sits with a macerater fitted all kinds of lady things and wipes leave it to your imagination not a pretty job when you have to strip it but nobody ever puts anything down there :wasntme:
The travel trailer was almost new when I bought it, but was at a greatly reduced price. I think when they discovered the problems they had caused themselves with the baby wipes they sold it on at a knockdown price. Am not so sure I would have bought it had I have known the problem, but am well happy with it now, even turned a good profit down on it, which is not like me.