Anything I Need to Know About Chertsey CCC Campsite?

Member No
RV Type
Forest River
Model
Georgetown 375XL 11.5meters 10.5tonnes
RV Experience
Older and wiser now.
We're off next weekend for our first visit to Chertsey CCC Campsite. Is there anything we need to know about getting there and access?

Dodgey

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
B class
Model
Intervec Falcon 190 on a Ford E250
RV Experience
Since 2005
Entrance is a bugger to spot, so go slow on approach, and best come if from the Chertsey side, sat nag generally goes for Heathrow side, not easiest. Your reference point is the Mitsubushi garage, entrance on left at end of forcourt coming from Chertsey. Watch the tree at the entrance, depends with they trim for euros or all, ie including RVers.
Takeear plugs, you're on the flight path:)

Member No
RV Type
Forest River
Model
RV Experience
Older and wiser now.
Entrance is a bugger to spot, so go slow on approach, and best come if from the Chertsey side, sat nag generally goes for Heathrow side, not easiest. Your reference point is the Mitsubushi garage, entrance on left at end of forcourt coming from Chertsey. Watch the tree at the entrance, depends with they trim for euros or all, ie including RVers.
Takeear plugs, you're on the flight path:)

Theres a good view of entrance on GMap gives you agood view of need to position well to do it in one (depending on rig length)
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...94e23bdd9dbfc11!8m2!3d51.3899556!4d-0.4892252

Thank you very much(y)(y)

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Beaver Monterey 33'
RV Experience
since 2013
I've delivered a couple of cars down around J11 and had problems with Sat Nav trying to send me under low railway bridges, not sure which side of the rail line the campsite is from the M25 but if it's the wrong side just keep your eye on the sign posts, I just had the Nav on as a guide but nearly always ignore it anyway......... Bit like I do when Elaine gives me orders :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Member No
RV Type
Forest River
Model
RV Experience
Older and wiser now.
I've delivered a couple of cars down around J11 and had problems with Sat Nav trying to send me under low railway bridges, not sure which side of the rail line the campsite is from the M25 but if it's the wrong side just keep your eye on the sign posts, I just had the Nav on as a guide but nearly always ignore it anyway......... Bit like I do when Elaine gives me orders :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the headsup - chosen route's OK.

Looking forward to seeing you at Sleap soon.

Member No
RV Type
Forest River
Model
RV Experience
Older and wiser now.
I can now answer my own question for the benefit of others.

Due to the flood risk, you are required to sleep in your RV each night. BUT you can return from your excursion at ANY time of the night........

Once the ground becomes softer, there is difficulty in inserting a full-size RV onto the super pitches without a major amount of shunting to avoid getting ANY of your wheels on the grass. I gather that 5ers are a definite NO-NO under those ground conditions.

If you have a full size RV, there is no room on the pitch for your toad - it has to live on the car park.

Otherwise - it's a beautiful site with excellent walking and cycling opportunities.

Back