Any off the floor recovery companies

paul&debra

Subscriber
Hi All,

As you know, Ashley has been busily renovating his 1980 Fleetwood Tioga. He has done well, but we now have a problem, it is not ready to go on the road. But we are moving and we need to get it shifted, to our new address. It has to go from TN18 to HR6 post codes. But the tyres at the moment are shot and it can not be towed or half listed.

Anyone have any suggestions for a company that can move it. It is 7M long, 2.4M wide, 2.8M high and weighs in at 4,5 ton

All sensible suggestions gratefully received.

Daybreaker

Subscriber
I would seriously consider ..... oh bugger you did say serious replies... hope you get it sorted a real worry Ashley

grumpy

Subscriber
There used to be a site where firms advertised for return loads when running back empty and people like yourselves looking for transport.
I tried to remember the name and look, but may be redundant now due to internet.
plenty of transport fellows on here though, should get it sorted though.
malcolm

RV Neal

Subscriber
There is Alco in Strood, which is owned by Neil Yates Recovery (NYR). I know you don't want to hear this, and don't want to consider it either, but Simon at Mercury RV has a rigid recovery vehicle designed to take most RVs. It will depend on how desperate you are???

jimatdurham

Hi All,

As you know, Ashley has been busily renovating his 1980 Fleetwood Tioga. He has done well, but we now have a problem, it is not ready to go on the road. But we are moving and we need to get it shifted, to our new address. It has to go from TN18 to HR6 post codes. But the tyres at the moment are shot and it can not be towed or half listed.

Anyone have any suggestions for a company that can move it. It is 7M long, 2.4M wide, 2.8M high and weighs in at 4,5 ton

All sensible suggestions gratefully received.
try John@jmitchinson.com has a big fleet of low loaders and very cheap