Another RV newbee

SteveF

Hi,
My wife and I recently became the happy new owners of the ex Rick / ex Phil, Lexington 283 GTS:biggrin:. We are RV newbies but have been using what you guys call "euro boxes" for many years, miles and countries. We decided that as we were spending longer in one place now we are retired, we wanted more living space. The B class seems to be the answer to the space while still allowing reasonable site access. I have since spent a lot of time checking the vehicle and adding the various luxuries that we were used to in the E box. I am pleased to report that I have discovered no serious problems:biggrin:. On the drive home from middle England back to Scotland, I had steering drift problems but this was resolved by greasing the steering joints and re inflating the tyres (Thanks to advise from Rick, Phil and Larry on that). The LPG filling problem turned out to be the old 100L max pump chestnut!
I have fitted: Sat dish, Solar panel, Roof box (very limited "outside stuff" storage compared with the E box), Water purifier system in both kitchen and bathroom, BBQ point for BBQ and back feeding, Water pump accumulator and Masserator.
I have done the oil and filter and fixed a hole in the top of the fresh water tank that was hiding under the plywood under the bed. My guess is that it had been there since the thing was built!!
We have done our first shake down trip to a local site and all was well:biggrin::biggrin:
I am one of those guys that like to understand all of the systems on a unit before I set off on a long trip. So, this morning I decided to give the on board 110v generator a good test. The generator ran all of the 110v equipment as expected but as if by magic it also supplied 240v to the 240v sockets:crying:. Can any of you guys out there tell me how that works?

Best Regards
Steve and Sharon

Hi steve i am glad all is well and look forward to seeing you to see all the work that has been
done and shirley can't wait to see sharon.

Jon &Shirley.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::france:

SteveF

Hi steve i am glad all is well and look forward to seeing you to see all the work that has been
done and shirley can't wait to see sharon.

Jon &Shirley.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::france:
Hi Jon and Shirl. Looking forward to seeing you soon! Thanks are also due to you for being my "sales agent":biggrin:

Steve and Sharon

PS. You are not getting to borrow my masserator!!:wink:

Trekkin

Hi and welcome

Depending how and who converted it it may be 2 transformers one step down one step up or one transformer where the gen feeds 110 v and trfx LV side and the mains feeds the 240 v and the trfx hv side making it two way

Good luck with your RV

SteveF

Hi and welcome

Depending how and who converted it it may be 2 transformers one step down one step up or one transformer where the gen feeds 110 v and trfx LV side and the mains feeds the 240 v and the trfx hv side making it two way

Good luck with your RV

Thanks Adrian. The two way transformer makes sense. There is only one.:thumbup:

Regards
Steve]

Elvis

It's also possible the 240v to 120v transformer is converting the other way, transformers are simply 2 sets of coiled wire round some sort of core, in this case with twice as many turns on one side as they other, they don't care which way the conversion works 1/2'd to 120v or x2'd to 240v.

SteveF

Hi all,

Thanks for your help with this. I put the meter on the Generator this morning and it is producing 110v. Must be using the transformer.:001_smile:

Best Regards
Steve