Enclosed is our import Guide, could not upload the file so have just copied , some prices will vary depending on what you buy but pretty much as below.
IVA Import Guide to Rough costs Involved
Right where to start will try and make it straightforward.
1) Import chargers I’m sure you know 10% import 20% vat on your purchase price Inc. sea freight
2) Sea freight if you want us to handle will be $1.65 per cubic ft or $58.30 per cu meter, plus $325 bill of laiding and terminal handling $380 If used motorhome then an escort will be needed at the port $320 (baltimore-Liverpool or Florida - southampton)
3) UK charges will be about £660 all in port handling and terminal handling, Inc agents fees and customs clearance
4) HGV Trade plate pick up Southampton/Liverpool £220 plus vat plus fuel
5) Our admin charge to handle import if required £550 plus vat
UK conversion costs for Dept. of transport and 17Th edition electrical compliance (depending on floor plan model age)
1) VOSA Iva conversion roughly depending on what needs replacing and removing all are different £2000 to £4000 plus vat subject to viewing ( as from 1/7/2015 usa tyres are having to be changed due to front axle weights and no speed rating) Allow £1,000 to £2,000 depending on tyre spec.
2) 12 volt light conversion to IVA specs £950 plus vat (depending on lights req) Possible new head lights.
3) VOSA IVA test fee £199 no vat
4) Vosa Pit charge £300 plus vat
5) 220 volt mains conversion to 17th edition £1800 to £2800 plus vat (30Amp)
6) MOT 54.95
7) First reg fee DVLA £55
8) 12 months tax £165
9) Cobra cat alarm/immobilizer 1 (mandatory for IVA) £699 inc vat
10) Admin charge for us to register and complete all paper work DVLA inspection if required £550 plus vat takes a week to register.
These prices are a guide only and do not Inc any TV or Mot work.
To view IVA requirements then go to below.
Items required for import
1) Certificate of Origin (title)
2) Invoice receipt when purchased
Nice one thanks for the prompt response, quite interesting.