Aluminium Blind problem

Paul Michael

Subscriber
Hi guys.

I have a 50inch aluminium blind on one of the windows in my Damon Daybreak.

A few days ago I pulled the blind down at night while away and in the morning it wouldn't stay up anymore.

I have looked on YouTube etc. and they explain how to change the chords and spring etc.

I removed the blind today and the chords are not broken and everything inside looks fine.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do apart from throw it and buy a new blind please?

I don't really want one new (different colour) blind that will look out of place. I would rather keep them all the same colour and repair it but if I change the chords i fear it will be the same.

Has anyone else had this problem?

T. I. A.

Daybreaker

Subscriber
Sorry I think other people have sorted this with a repair kit. Someone sensible will answer you soon .
Sorry can’t help myself I’m silly.

Humper

Subscriber
Hi guys.

I have a 50inch aluminium blind on one of the windows in my Damon Daybreak.

A few days ago I pulled the blind down at night while away and in the morning it wouldn't stay up anymore.

I have looked on YouTube etc. and they explain how to change the chords and spring etc.

I removed the blind today and the chords are not broken and everything inside looks fine.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do apart from throw it and buy a new blind please?

I don't really want one new (different colour) blind that will look out of place. I would rather keep them all the same colour and repair it but if I change the chords i fear it will be the same.

Has anyone else had this problem?

T. I. A.
Paul
I have just re-corded one of my blinds. When completed and you re-fit the blind you have to tension the cords to the cord retainers if the blind does not stay up.IMG_2236.JPG

Paul Michael

Subscriber
Paul
I have just re-corded one of my blinds. When completed and you re-fit the blind you have to tension the cords to the cord retainers if the blind does not stay up.View attachment 19312
Thank you very much for this.

I feel a bit stupid to be honest. I was looking at it and couldn't see anything wrong. Hopefully as my chords are not broken, I might get away with tensioning the chords.

Regards

Paul.
C.O.Y.S!

Humper

Subscriber
Thank you very much for this.

I feel a bit stupid to be honest. I was looking at it and couldn't see anything wrong. Hopefully as my chords are not broken, I might get away with tensioning the chords.

Regards

Paul.
C.O.Y.S!
No probs Paul, that's why this forum is sooooo good.
If you need the repair kit cuz the cords have gone to pot then mobile RV sell them and surprisingly easy to re-cord.:emo:

Paul Michael

Subscriber
No probs Paul, that's why this forum is sooooo good.
If you need the repair kit cuz the cords have gone to pot then mobile RV sell them and surprisingly easy to re-cord.:emo:
Thanks for your help with the blind. It worked!

The chords wer fine, they had just worked themselves loose.

That's another thing I have learnt about RVing!

Regards

Paul