Aire en route to Le Mans (from Tunnel)?

Member No
RV Type
Tiffin Allegro 28R A Class
RV Experience
The first big outing for us will probably down to Le Mans for the Classic in July. We are going to be towing the car on a trailer on the back of our 28' Allegro but although it could theoretically be done in a day, the journey is part of the holiday too, so fancy taking a steady run to Folkestone, get over (under) the channel, then get an hour or two under our belt before getting a nights kip before meeting up with friends at Le Mans the next day.

We fancy trying an Aire - but happy to use a campsite (municipal maybe). We fancy taking the scenic route (so no tolls on Autoroutes) - a likely spot looks to be somewhere between Abbeville and Rouen, maybe on the A28?

Any suggestions around that area?

Member No
RV Type
Tiffin Allegro 28R A Class
RV Experience
Alas, no - it is a classic though. Will be racing at the Malta Classic in October - but flying there whilst the car goes over as part of a transporter-load. Haven't got enough holiday to drive over (or funds for the ferries :cry:) for that one.

Member No
RV Type
Forest River
Model
Georgetown 375XL 11.5meters 10.5tonnes
RV Experience
Older and wiser now.
Alas, no - it is a classic though. Will be racing at the Malta Classic in October - but flying there whilst the car goes over as part of a transporter-load. Haven't got enough holiday to drive over (or funds for the ferries :cry:) for that one.

What is it ??

stunette

Life Member
Member No
RV Type
A Class
RV Experience
Since 2008
We always stop at the Bais De Somme, but it's on the toll road before Abbeville.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Coachmen Mirada 32'
RV Experience
10+ in Caravans, 5th wheels and now A class
have used it many times, will say that if in daytime im pulling in there i go down the bottom where there is parking set aside for us, but at night time i park up near the building and fuel station, a few have reported problems at night there down the bottom our own MOT man Geo being one of them some years ago

stunette

Life Member
Member No
RV Type
A Class
RV Experience
Since 2008
have used it many times, will say that if in daytime im pulling in there i go down the bottom where there is parking set aside for us, but at night time i park up near the building and fuel station, a few have reported problems at night there down the bottom our own MOT man Geo being one of them some years ago
We've stopped there nearly a dozen times now, and never had a problem.. Always leave the dogs bowl outside the door in the riser with the outside light on so anyone can see it...;)(y)

Back