Abbeville Stopover

Member No
RV Type
C Class
Model
Forest River Sunseeker 3100
RV Experience
Since 2009
We are looking for a overnight stop over close to Abbeville, we have searched the aires on the google map and found other stopovers on our route to Portugal

Thanks
Shawn

Member No
Hi.
We stopped at Le-Touqet paris plage last week it is a little further up the coast but very nice there are two airs there you need the one by the harbour.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Coachmen Mirada 32'
RV Experience
10+ in Caravans, 5th wheels and now A class
if you just want a stop over/break on your journey and are using the A16 toll road, we use the Bay de somme service area . it has dedicated parking areas -2 of them one by the building and one down below the building, it also has a borne jettons from the shop (bill says it had a ehu on it but i didnt check).usual service facilities and a cafe where you can get a breakfast of bacon and egg and hashbrowns with toast and coffee if you want for a reasonable price, and the fuel wasnt a bad price compared to some later fuel stations we used which were dearer.
When we were there last weekend there were plenty of french and belgium motorhomes on it overnight

Last edited:
Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer B644
RV Experience
lost count
if you just want a stop over/break on your journey and are using the A16 toll road, we use the Bay de somme service area . it has dedicated parking areas -2 of them one by the building and one down below the building, it also has a borne jettons from the shop (bill says it had a ehu on it but i didnt check).usual service facilities and a cafe where you can get a breakfast of bacon and egg and hashbrowns with toast and coffee if you want for a reasonable price, and the fuel wasnt a bad price compared to some later fuel stations we used which were dearer.
When we were there last weekend there were plenty of french and belgium motorhomes on it overnight

This was one of the Autoroute aires where a Fun member reported a break-in

Aire at Bai de Somme service station on A16 France
Van broken into during the night, door lock forced, mobile phone and jacket stolen.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=115843103054280433491.00046089449fc9f672423&ll=49.468124,-3.076172&spn=18.361751,40.957031&t=h&z=5

Personally, I would never use an Autoroute aire.

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer B644
RV Experience
lost count
Hi.
We stopped at Le-Touqet paris plage last week it is a little further up the coast but very nice there are two airs there you need the one by the harbour.

We have used both .. why not the Equestrian aire which we preferred ? It is grassy with tons of space .. whereas the Marina aire was crowded. and I mean hardly enough space to open the door ..

R

RVUSA

Used both the Le Touquet aires. Le Touquet is a nice town and worth a visit. Many say they prefer harbour, but personally both were fine. It's a lot easier at the equestrian aire to get in with a large RV as there are no defined spaces.

Le Toquet has a lot of shops and a busy market on Wednesday and Saturday I think, but don't quote me on the days.

Some excellent bakers and butchers in town and it's only a short walk from either aire.

Enjoy your trip.:thumbup:

Member No
We have used both .. why not the Equestrian aire which we preferred ? It is grassy with tons of space .. whereas the Marina aire was crowded. and I mean hardly enough space to open the door ..
Hi Jim.

We went to the harbour purely because we like sea views ,when we left we past an equestrian centre ,where is the airs to ?

Clive.

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer B644
RV Experience
lost count

Back