A-frame

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Well A-frame finally arrived today only 2 days late.
Took me apx 6 hours to do would of been a little less if I had the right drill o well all done now.

I put the electrical plug in the lower grill thought it looked better and no lifting of the bonnet to connect it.

Attachments

RV Neal

Subscriber
Smashing job. I would have stumbled on the very first hurdle - removing the front panel from the car! :sweating: The rest I could have managed (threading the brake cable through can be tricky though) and then I would have to re-fit the front panel, another nightmare for me. :sweating:. I usually break the clips and chip the edges; so I don't do it! :(

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Smashing job. I would have stumbled on the very first hurdle - removing the front panel from the car! :sweating: The rest I could have managed (threading the brake cable through can be tricky though) and then I would have to re-fit the front panel, another nightmare for me. :sweating:. I usually break the clips and chip the edges; so I don't do it! :(
Yes the brake cable was the hardest to do that took me apx hour maybe hour and a half as I did not have the proper tools as thay are at work so in the end I used a 90 adapter on my drill done the job just.

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Lovely looking rig. Here's the $64,000 question: Can you tow with a motorcycle on the rack?
Hi neil,
As it stands no, I have done a test and can't have both very close tho.
I have got to shorten/cut it down a bit and fit spacers to the ramp base apx 2" inches higher as it fouls the brake.

I don't want to do this really, so if I need the car I will just take the scooter off the rack and it will be in my storage area while I use the car.

But having said that I might modify it just so I dont have to keep taking the scooter off and back on.

Last edited: