2021 RV Insurance

MudGuru

Subscriber
Last year I was insured through Adrian Flux, being new to RVs I paid +/-1,100. To renew this year they wanted +/-1,200.... Consider I've been insured with them for 1 year and there was no offered "no claims bonus", they have had a year with a very, very low risk and they still want to bump my insurance?

Caravan Guard came in +/- 300 pounds cheaper.... no decision to be made.

Anyone else noticed Adrian Flux bumping premiums?

Lenny

Subscriber
I wonder how many people in foresight cancelled their policy during lockdown and whether insurance companies took a hit from this and they are trying to claw it back.
Does your quote include Breakdown cover ?.

motor roamin

Subscriber
I can't believe when most of the year my trucks have only been parked in the yard and for the first time we managed get one pranged (not our fault) but all of our insurance including the building contents and liability have gone up.

motor roamin

Subscriber
I wonder how many people in foresight cancelled their policy during lockdown and whether insurance companies took a hit from this and they are trying to claw it back.
I wouldn't cancel mine even when just parked in the drive we have two members who's RV's caught fire on their drive a friend of mine who parks his caravan on his drive had that burnt out when his electric car parked beside it caught fire, it's not just about going down the road.

MudGuru

Subscriber
Yes, includes Breakdown (but not the extended stay option), 350 deductible and windscreen 100 deductible (not bad for a 6,000 pounds, both sides, windscreen). I didn't go with the extended stay because if something bad happens to the RV then me and the doggies are headed home and not to a hotel...

Finglish

Subscriber
Adrian flux one of the only ones I'd managed to get a quote from with mine ! But with my car insurance for the last 6 years I've never had a renewal price go down or stay the same they always go up ! Normally the company beat any other quotes if not match what I've got from elsewhere when I phone up to cancel ! Think they just try it on see how much they can get away with ! But I don't think I've been with the same company twice !

Lenny

Subscriber
Yes, includes Breakdown (but not the extended stay option), 350 deductible and windscreen 100 deductible (not bad for a 6,000 pounds, both sides, windscreen). I didn't go with the extended stay because if something bad happens to the RV then me and the doggies are headed home and not to a hotel...
What is meant by (extended stay option), excuse my ignorance.:sweating:

PAJ

Subscriber
I am with Adrian Flux as well. I am new to RV world. Mine is £640 - breakdown cover included, European use for 60 days, but limited mileage of 3000. They mirrored my NCD from my car policy. Don't know if that's reasonable or not. Would be interesting to know what sorts of premiums are being paid by members, and who is likely to be the best insurer.

MudGuru

Subscriber
I am with Adrian Flux as well. I am new to RV world. Mine is £640 - breakdown cover included, European use for 60 days, but limited mileage of 3000. They mirrored my NCD from my car policy. Don't know if that's reasonable or not. Would be interesting to know what sorts of premiums are being paid by members, and who is likely to be the best insurer.
My quote was £1,257, no european cover, 8000 miles, no offer of NCD even though I've done a full year with them, they are 'aving a laff!!!

grumpy

Subscriber
As Stu said, when we had the Damon Outlaw, NFU, for sure, they can’t compete with other Insurances as they are their own insurers, no brokers involved. We paid I believe around approx£600 a year, postcode London ! And every year without a claim your premium usually went DOWN, bit like a NCB ! That was unlimited windscreen, but no breakdown as had with RAC arrival, through C& CC.

Adrian Flux...
we have 3 motorbikes( previous Carole Nash, another thieving bunch, and another story one day) and travel insurance with them and had two cars and our now tranny camper van with them as well.
so 6 vehicles !!!
when the cars came up, later part of 2020, I said wer’e very happy with you and wish to stay. Good to have all the vehicles under one umbrella and easier to deal with when and if something goes wrong.
so just Sue and myself, and only the option of having two vehicles on the road at any one time, ( but as Rick says others still need to be insured when parked up).
so just to give you a bit of history :
Me 66, class1 HGV , ex LFB driver and instructor, squeaky clean licence.
Sue 57, full car and bike, squeaky clean licence as well.
ADRIAN FLUX ADVERTISE, in big bold letters on their renewal forms, if you can get and show us an equivalent quote, we “ GUARANTEE TO BEAT IT !!!
now bear in mind I didn’t want to change, happy where I was and to be honest couldn’t be arsed to look around.!

so there a challenge I thought ...
my daughter had always said try Admiral, So !
spoke to a Very well informed lady who spent an inordinate amount of time running through stuff with me.
long story short:
1 2010 transit camper approx value £10,00
1 Mazda CX 5 car. “. “. £ 7,000
1 Ford Corsa. “. “. £. 1,000
all 3 vehicles both to drive any/or fully comp, there were some mileage restrictions, but nothing to bother us,usual windscreen etc
( breakdown still with RAC), but usual legal protection etc etc ...
Quoted £1,100.
And Sue had an at fault accident 3 years ago when she wrote her own smart car off, no 3rd party damage, but we were paid out £1800.

gave this back to Adrian Flux and their response was” we can’t match that”
I says what about your larger than life advert “ WE GAURENTEE TO BEAT”
loads of waffle etc etc, and basically we left.

Ive just had a quote for my bike due soon and it looks like we’ll be going elsewhere for them as well, so as everyone has said, there’s “No Loyalty” at all anymore.
such a shame, but it’s the way of the world now.
right back on the cider, Bill !
Grumpy

Last edited:

NeilandJo

Subscriber
About 25 years ago when i had my series III Landover, flux were very good, I wouldn't waste my breath or the cost of a phone call on them now, we even banned them from one of our 4x4 forums they are so bad, come on the forums offering 20% discount that you never get.