IMG_20190927_104751.jpg
RV Neal

IMG_20190927_104751.jpg

Lexi "somewhere in Europe (can't remember where!)
Hi Dave, we get along just fine with the Lexington but it was a challenge at first. We've been RV-ing since 1987 (33 years) and have gradually (and slowly) been up-sizing as we go until we reached a Holiday Rambler Arista at just under 32' long. Then I faced a cross-roads; do we have the Arista gassed or do we down-size? Well, as can be seen, we down-sized. It was like trying to get a quart into a pint pot but, we started small and so we persevered and it all fits comfortably now.

Last year we did a 57 night tour of Europe which included France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia and Croatia. It was fabulous and we thoroughly enjoyed living in the Lexington. We exhibit at steam rallies through the summer months (but not this year!) and so we spend up to 10 days at a time surviving off-grid, usually in a farmers field or on a show ground. This, I think, gives us the ability to judge a RV by both standards; camp sites and off-grid, and the Lexington has shone in both categories.

If you have any specific questions just ask. Regards Neal

Hi Neal,
Nothing in particular, we have had ours for 4 years now, so probably have found all the faults now.
Leaking roof, faulty 13 amp wiring, dead batteries etc.
One issue we have at the moment is with the Combi Oven. It was working fine then the bottom two buttons on the touch panel stopped working. They of course are the most important ones, Start/Stop etc.
It is going to Adi4 in October for MOT and service. Hopefully going to change the two slide out Toppers and maybe the main Sun Awning.
Just changed all 6 tyres (I think the old ones were the originals.
Due to health issues and then the lock down, have not used in much over the last two years or so.
Been out locally a few times recently and it is great to be able to use it regularly.
Just brought a Smart car as a Toad (first time). Got to take the Motorcycle carrier off first though.

Dave

Ours showed signs of a roof leak when we bought it but the selling dealer said it had been done. Two years into ownership, during a two-day-long heavy shower we noticed water ingress at the same place, the front cap seal. I've had that taped now which I'm told lasts 10 times longer than mastic; it took longer to apply but should be good for up to 15 years.

Not had any problems (yet) with the 230V circuit; I've just installed a new two gang outlet by the door and then discovered that the outside sockets (120V US style) are actually wired at 230V. The only 120V in the RV is to the outlets that feed the appliances. Everything else is 230V.

I have fitted two new front tyres and will get the rears changed this winter. I fitted two 100W solar panels on the roof when I first got the RV and I've since changed all the internal bulbs to LED and fitted an LED TV. That's how we survive off-grid for 10 days at a time. I've also fitted loads of LED marker lights, changed all the rear lights for LED versions, and even fitted LED headlights. The RV passed it's MOT last Tuesday with no advisories!

Regards

Neal

Media information

Category
Example Category
Added by
RV Neal
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings