Olley

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A
Model
Winnebago Brave 31'
RV Experience
Tried it a couple of times with no luck, haven't bothered since.
This year one of the tolls wouldn't take either of my cards, lady on the intercom says pay cash, it's card only I reply, if you look in front of your motorhome she says there's a letter box thing, just put your money in there, so I did.
Lucky the wife had cash.

Peter & Julie

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Four Winds
Model
WindSport 32A
RV Experience
Euro Campers only from 2016
Not at Xmas, they'll be closed. No Guinness in September last year when I stopped there "we're closing in three weeks and I'm not putting a new barrel on for that.

TBH, I won't ever go back, not cuz of no Guinness , but for me the place has changed, they were so unwelcoming and constantly passive aggressive about everything, starting from the moment I arrived

TL: Good afternoon - you didn't book did you?
Me: Yes I did, I emailed and had confirmation.
TL: oh, well you didn't say it was an RV, did you!?
Me: yes I did.
TL: oh, you didn't say whether you wanted electric!
Me: yes, I did and I don't.
TL: oh. Well t's my wife that does all the booking, I don't pay any attention to that.
!!!!!!!!

Got all pissy when I told them their lager was too warm.

Got passive aggressive about what table we chose to eat at and kept wittering on about it thru the meal.

It's full of cliquey full timer brits.

Expensive, I suppose all of France is but there are many cheaper and nicer places to stay.

45 minute walk to town on main road with no real pedestrian provision.

Nothing there or around unless you like fishing.
At Twin Lakes now! Think you caught Rob (owner) on a bad day. However there is a very cliquey bunch of brits, most live here. We don't so just make pleasantries and carry on. (y)

Olley

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A
Model
Winnebago Brave 31'
RV Experience
I changed both my Velvac mirrors years ago for the fold back version's, after I smashed one to pieces on a pole, that's got me out of trouble a few times.

Grizlyadams

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Damon Challenger
Model
RV Experience
A few years
Tried it a couple of times with no luck, haven't bothered since.
This year one of the tolls wouldn't take either of my cards, lady on the intercom says pay cash, it's card only I reply, if you look in front of your motorhome she says there's a letter box thing, just put your money in there, so I did.
Lucky the wife had cash.
Yeah, my Starling and Revolut cards are a bit hit and miss, normal visa credit or debit from HSBC seem to work - but you pay FX fees of course.

Olley

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A
Model
Winnebago Brave 31'
RV Experience
Fold back versions of Velvacs or another make?
Velvac's, these ones apart from the hinge part they are identical to the original.Quite hard to get over the spring pressure to fold them back, ideally the spring could be weaker.

Last edited:

Back