Eurodisney

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Forest River Berkshire 390BH
RV Experience
Zero
So I thought I'd post up a quick report on my visit to Eurodisney, hopefully some of you will find it helpful.

First things first, Eurotunnel: Great, fast, easy, cheap (at least I thought it was), but bloody tight. If you get it right you will probably make it on to the train in one swing but I reversed and took a second swing to make sure. Mirrors have probably 1 -2 " per side between the carriages. I managed to have a carriage to myself on the way out. Scraped my n/s mirror on the last door coming off the train but I'm not too bothered, it's going to happen and I've got a fair few trips through the tunnel booked this year. Coming back we arrived too early and couldn't get an earlier crossing. They claimed the terminal was full so I should bugger of to Cite Europe. I did this but didn't really fancy leaving the RV unattended so we set up and spent the time cleaning and packing ready for a quick dispatch when we got home. Best bit was pulling up at UK border control in France, hand the guy 4 passports and he says to me "You're not telling me there's only 4 people on your coach" Once I pointed out that I'm not the worlds crappiest coach operator all was fine. Turns out the terminal was't full at all, in fact the coach park was practically empty, so next time I'll argue my case.

Onto the French autoroutes and the bus felt right at home. 70mph on the cruise most of the way there saw it return 10.2mpg. I'd filled up at the station just through the tunnel so at less that £1 per liter I'm more than happy. The Total at the tunnel exit is cheaper than any of the service stations on the autoroutes but it does mean a bit of a detour to get back onto the autoroutes from the Eurotunnel exit.

The toll booths are, again, quite tight to get the bus through and I managed to clip the o/s mirror on the way there. 47.10 euros gets you to Paris, one toll charge. Just over three hours, 195 miles, so not a bad run.

So into Eurodisney and you pay on your way into the car park (30 euros). The campervan parking is just a car park. Plenty of space, and not too full when we arrived. Parked up and went into the park.

So it's as cheap to buy a full monty annual pass as a 4 day ticket (almost) 223 euros gives you unlimited entry, early entry, free parking, and discounts in shops, restaurants, and hotels, which is handy if your Mrs likes to buy lots of Disney crap like mine.

A Fleetwood Revolution pulled up behind me the day after I arrived, really nice owner who is semi retired and full times in it between Wales and Europe. Lots of pictures taken by the other campers of both RV's.

Saturday saw some overcast weather and the car park emptied. Sunday was nice and it filled up again. It's amazing how close people will park to you in a massive carpark, so queue the 10:30pm on Sunday night knock about the 'bouy' which I guess is French for generator from a new neighbour that had arrived that afternoon and parked 10ft away while my generator was running! I had to run the generator quite a bit cause, despite my preparation, for some reason none of my 110v or my kitchen 240v sockets would run from the invertor.

So I didn't fill the water on arrival and thought that I'd have enough but 2 days in we ran dry so whilst the wife and kids were in the park I decided this was the time to empty waste and fill water. I had already read online that this was done at the coach dump which is a drive over affair. So yes you do have to avoid the turds, and there will be lots, I decided to drive on and reverse off as I knew my inside rear would cop a bevvy of sweetcorn induced adornment. The water fill was a push button affair and took nothing short of eternity to fill the tank.

On the last night a note was left indicating our accumulated parking charges. I'm not sure how they enforce this as there is no barrier for exit. We took the annual passes to the appropriate window and was given a parking 'pass'

All in all a good first run out into Europe for us. Might well go back over Christmas but will decide nearer the time.

If you've read this far thanks for listening.IMG_00002519 (2).jpg IMG_00002496 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Frank550

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
C Class
Model
Gulfstream Conquest-V10 Triton
RV Experience
12 years
An excellent report, many thanks, I think we are doing the Disney thing during the summer hols, I protested but was shouted down!

errpaul

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Winnebago Journey
RV Experience
new to RVing, 13 yrs motorhoming
We're doing disney again in the summer hols. We love it and go at least once a year (5 in one year was our record!)

RRV

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Fleetwood Revolution RV
RV Experience
hi how much was the tunnel?

we've been over twice recently but used the ferry! if nothing else you can stretch your legs.

It can us about £250-£300 return on the ferry - also really really easy to park on it :)

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hurricane 30
RV Experience
4 years
All I keep seeing are the words "a bit tight" and "scraped" and I am starting to get heart palpitations.

On the upside, that is one impressive piece of kit in that Berkshire, totally awesome. The good Lord created the mountains but man created the big RV's.

Back