La Rive.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
2014 Thor Axis.
RV Experience
Since "07.
Hi all. Having booked the ferry I'm now booking French sites, we were going to go to Atlantique park, Palmyre again but, now fancy going a little further south. Has anyone tried La Rive, Biscarrosse ? It looks to be a fantastic site but, I always like to get an opinion or two before I commit, plenty of places look great but, just aren"t on arrival. Cheers :)

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
2014 Thor Axis.
RV Experience
Since "07.
Thanks Mick and Patrick, rang la Rive and they're full, so thats that.
Back to scouring the interweb, it has to 4 star and the 3 connections and on/near the coast, swmbo doesn't want much! ;)

stunette

Life Member
Member No
RV Type
A Class
RV Experience
Since 2008
We stayed at camping Panorama du Pyla at the end of September a couple of years ago.. It is very nice, but spaces for a 40 RV are very limited.. It is in a forest next to the largest sand dune in Europe & is well worth a visit... Brilliant walks on the beach & dunes..
Check out other pictures on my media page..

Last edited:
Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
2014 Thor Axis.
RV Experience
Since "07.
Many thanks for that, I"ve looked at Panorama de Pyla a few times, but do they have the 3 connections (water,waste,electric) on their pitches ? It does look a bit tight for access, especially in the high season.

stunette

Life Member
Member No
RV Type
A Class
RV Experience
Since 2008
Many thanks for that, I"ve looked at Panorama de Pyla a few times, but do they have the 3 connections (water,waste,electric) on their pitches ? It does look a bit tight for access, especially in the high season.
only electric if I recall.. Stand pipes around for water but no waste..

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
2014 Thor Axis.
RV Experience
Since "07.
Cheers, having phoned about 4 really good looking, 5 star sites to find they"re all full, (people must book in December or before!), we"re going back to "Camping Atlantique", Palmyre. Good, big pitches, 3 connections, close to the town and a cracking lagoon. So La Yole for 6 days, Palmyre for 16, then start to head back up for a last week. Looking forward to it :). I"d love to go right down to the Med or Spain but, a 16 year old and Chris (autistic) wouldn"t take a drive that far.

Back