Going overseas with an RV

Member No
RV Type
C Class. 30'6"
Model
fourwinds chateau 29r 2006
RV Experience
If i,m not there I should be
Hi all, if those that would like to go over the water could perhaps say where they might want to go ,,then those of us that have been over can help with further info,, we hope to go again in 2015, but I will wait to see if there are any good deals with the ferry,s Usually about January the caravan club may have some,,,last year and this year we sailed Dover to Calais , ANY LENGHT vehicle and two people for £48 RETURN , and that was a 10am sailing mid week,,

Atb Lau

Member No
RV Type
c class
Model
chateau citation
RV Experience
since 2008
would be up for a trip if its a serious suggestion or is it just the usual banter going know were merry xmas all off to teneriefe for some sun

Member No
RV Type
A class.
Model
Thor Vegas 24.1
RV Experience
Since 2007
Why not make your first trip Parc Verger ?

A decent road down ,not too far for a maiden voyage and full facilities for rvs.(y)

Just a thought.

Regards

John P:)

paul&debra

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
Coachmen Mirada
RV Experience
since august 2012
would be up for a trip if its a serious suggestion or is it just the usual banter going know were merry xmas all off to teneriefe for some sun
I am quite serious, and I am sure Daybreaker is.:D Great to go with some people.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Monaco Knight
RV Experience
I would also invest in both of these for testing reverse polarity on sites in Europe with an RV, If Euro van you will not need them.
images
images

Parc Verger is good place to stay and Bob & Di the owners are lovely people and they go out of their way to help with your stay.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
2014 Thor Axis.
RV Experience
Since "07.
Great idea, it'd be a way for us to meet some of you guys n' dolls. We go mid. July to mid August and keep the west coast coming in through Cherbourg. Having done it 7/8 times, I'd say the lpg adapter, a long hookup lead and serviced pitches are important. As has been said, once you're driving on the right, the RV is a fantastic drive. Eu. roads are bigger, better and easier than ours . The service areas are better and the fuel is cheaper. I always book direct with the sites and tell them we're big, never had a problem. Roll on next year...! : )

Paxso10

Banned
Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Monaco monarch
RV Experience
1 year
Sounds like a great idea could do a road trip rally each year would love to come but still got to do hgv but defo next year if anyone fancied it

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
5 happy years Picking up Bits
(y)(y)rolling rolling rolling keep em doggies rolling. That's the way to do it. Seems like we have a possible goddam convoy emerging here.:):)

car1966

Life Member
Member No
RV Type
5th wheel
Model
Eurocruiser 855 pull by a 3lite toyota pick up
RV Experience
jan 2011 new
I love to come along but not to sure what we are doing next year as we are trying to sell house :envy::envy:

Member No
RV Type
C Class. 30'6"
Model
fourwinds chateau 29r 2006
RV Experience
If i,m not there I should be
Hi all ,, I think the first thing you all need to do is agree on a date suitable for all then , after that , a few phone calls to a few sites (acsi book over 8 mtr perhaps) to make sure they can accommodate a few rvs The rest should then fall into place Park verger sounds nice

Atb Lau

Member No
RV Type
c class
Model
chateau citation
RV Experience
since 2008
I am quite serious, and I am sure Daybreaker is.:D Great to go with some people.
hI again I have not taken the rv over before always driven a European MH not sure were the recommended camp site is but still interested in making the trip Feb good for us

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hurricane 30
RV Experience
4 years
(y)(y)rolling rolling rolling keep em doggies rolling. That's the way to do it. Seems like we have a possible goddam convoy emerging here.:):)

Yea, plastic chicken, that's me (chicken, neurotic, get it?) Anyway, I feel a plentiful supply of those CD thingies, no, not CD, duh, CB's will be required. Much banter to be had en route? Could economise on tow cars, not every rig would need one, we could double up on trips to the shops?

paul&debra

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
Coachmen Mirada
RV Experience
since august 2012
Have you seen the size of our Tow Car:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back