How do we get the message out.t

Member No
RV Type
RV A CLASS
Model
NEWMAR SCOTTSDALE
RV Experience
(y)(y)oh i worked that out when ours started charging us extra and when i gave her the cheque for our 6 months usage with a breakdown of charges as i called the water company to get the right amount , you should have seen her face . bull dog and wasps :punch: take that

Member No
RV Type
RV A CLASS
Model
NEWMAR SCOTTSDALE
RV Experience
I am sorry to anyone who was stopped from filling up with water after we left on Sunday by the site manager.the owner of the pleasure beach has apologised and assured us it won't ever happen again and that she had no right to stop anyone who had paid to stay there. He has also talked about putting a stand pipe up in June to help ease the problem. We hope this hasn't put anyone off attending the June rally

Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
damon challanger 330..1998
RV Experience
Graham since 2013 Shirl for years
Following on from my post about sites charging extra for RV's. Debra and I decided to stay on for another night at Southport. We paid for 4 nights when we arrived. I had empty waste tanks and a full water tank, thanks to Chapel Lane CC site.
In common with most rally sites, Southport is a metalled and tarmac mix car park. There is a difficult to get to manhole and one water point behind the site managers rv. We paid £8 per night there are no toilets or showers. After most of the people left today. I realised we were running out of water and we both wanted a shower. So I manoeuvred to the dump and emptied the tanks and drove over to the only tap. I was filling the tank, when a funster came over to fill his water container, so I stopped and filled him up before continuing. The site manager then came up and said " you are not filling that are you? The water here is on a meter" I told her I was and thought with no other facilities, my ,£32 would probably cover it. I was then told if I did not like facilities don't come back. Well a bit rude, but brings me to a serious point. My RV holds about 150 litres of water, now because of the effort required to 're fill it, we use it sparingly. I have noticed euroboxes with 45 and even 60 litre aqua rolls filling every day. So how do we get the message out, that RV's don't use more electric or water.:)

As I have been away for a week I now have the chance to explain what has happened.
As soon as I read the post I contacted the site owner and put him in the picture.
He was not aware of this and has promised me he will post his phone number on the HIS office
window (as he has no site manager) so if anyone has a complaint they are to contact him
(even if you stop there when not on a rally)
I rang Sandra who was not aware of what had happened and asked her to reply to this thread.
Norman knows that I was far from happy with this situation (and nor was he)
He also knows that if this continues to happen then we will not be holding rallies there.
Shirl

paul&debra

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
Coachmen Mirada
RV Experience
since august 2012
As I have been away for a week I now have the chance to explain what has happened.
As soon as I read the post I contacted the site owner and put him in the picture.
He was not aware of this and has promised me he will post his phone number on the HIS office
window (as he has no site manager) so if anyone has a complaint they are to contact him
(even if you stop there when not on a rally)
I rang Sandra who was not aware of what had happened and asked her to reply to this thread.
Norman knows that I was far from happy with this situation (and nor was he)
He also knows that if this continues to happen then we will not be holding rallies there.
Shirl
As I said Shirl, thanks very much for taking time out to make a complaint. We had a smashing weekend and knew if you were there it would not have happened. We really appreciate all your work in making this such a fantastic weekend. We enjoyed the meal so much, we went back on Sunday for some authentic Italian.(y)

Back